Monday 21 November 2011

Shogun might call this post a "pineapple festival" of boringness...

Family,
And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City.  The Bull was back on the bike for just over an hour tonight, logging 33KM's.  Truth be told, I know that I should have run, but I was SO ENGROSSED in "Airframe" that I had to find a way to get exercise in whilst at the same time churning through the book.  I've got 49 pages to go, and those are going to evaporate the second this blog is done.  And between the fact that it's already midnight AND I've got a page turner that I'm desperate to get back to, I will make tonight a short one (insert sigh of relief from OSC, who I'm sure has grown tired of my novellas). 

A word of warning to the readership - the Bull has company descending from the states tomorrow, staying through Saturday and departing early Sunday morning.  Consequently, blogs will be a bit spotty this week, and there will definitely be NO BLOG tomorrow night, as I've got a "prior commitment" that will remain safely anonymous until I blog about it later in the week.  Suffice it to say, I am REALLY excited about it.  So bare with me through the next week or so - I promise that I'll get Chiang Mai posted before Jenny's return on Thursday, 1 December.  That will leave Railay for December, which I know is a month late.  However, I fear it's the best I can do.

And speaking of Muffin Puffin, I am HAPPY to report that Jenny has now completed her first open ocean swim.  Whilst I couldn't pull the time off the website (Hamilton Tri people - you might want to work on the results display, as there is some room for improvement there...), I was able to confirm that Jenny was the 47th female to complete the race and 9th in her age division.  WAY TO GO PERFECT PUMPKIN!!!!!  One swim down, one to go for the Striker, as she's got another one in Sydney in less than a week's time.  Between all this and her rock climbing prowess, I think I need to start juicing to keep up.  Hairless - do you mind sharing some of your EPO or HGH with me come January?  Come on, everybody's doin' it...

And speaking of Hairless, I'm a bit late but did want to say CONGRATS ON 10 YEARS OF MARRIAGE.  T-Rowe and Mandy hit the big milestone last Thursday - great stuff, brother.  Looking forward to a Nimble special to celebrate once we're back stateside.

I know that this one was short.  Shogun, Hitman, MattPa - everyone feel free to berate me openly.  But now, if you'll excuse me, the team at Norton Aircraft awaits!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print.  Chat Wednesday (hopefully)!

Love,

Sam and (now safely touched down in Byron Bay, swimming medal around her neck and kangaroo steak on her plate) Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Yup.. Pretty much.. Might as well call the blog "Adventures in Peoria", cause that might be more exciting..

    - Shogun

    ReplyDelete