Saturday 12 June 2010

World Cup Fever, BABY!!!!

Family,
And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. First off - 3 little letters for all you out there: U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! Word Cup Fever has taken over the Taylor household, baby! OH, YEAH!
So yesterday was a good one - I got a run in outside (PERFECT running weather) and logged 4 miles on about an 8:30 pace. I was struggling a bit, but all in all I was pleased with the effort. I did take today off, but no complaints - I needed a day off. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
So after work Jenny, Brother Morgan, Steve Ray, and I all rolled over to the Fine Line (the Music Factory was HEAVING) to watch the World Cup opener. We watched South Africa and Mexico, and then I continued throwing 'em back as a) Jenny left to meet her folks, b) Owain his marriage at risk by staying for 1 more, c) Steve got loosened up for leaving drinks at another bar, and d) I GOT BLOODY HAMMERED. Seriously - I was so loose by the time I got on the tube that I thought I was going to THROW UP because of the constant rocking. Yes - I am VERY sophisticated individual.
All the same, I rolled up to the Mason's Arms to eat some Thai (thanks, puffin!) and watch Uruguay draw France in the second match of the World Cup. After that, it was back to the palace, where I PAAAAAAAAAAAASSED out. Good times...
Today we woke up bout 9 AM, had a cup of coffee with Jan, and then led the Tacy family to Waterloo Station, where Bob and Jan started their 2 week, 9 country cruise! SO COOL!!!! We put them on Platform 9 to Southampton, and then we rolled to the featured destination of the day - BOROUGH MARKET, BABY!!!! It's been 2 months - time for some RIDICULOUS calorie consumption!
It was a PERFECT day weather wise, so we walked to the markets and queued for the double chorizo sandwich, followed by some green curry and drunken cheese (ubriaco). It was a quick spin through the market, but MAN did we make it count. DELISH!
After that, we walked over to the Anchor and then across the Wibbly Wobbly Walkway (and saw this dude doing some CRAZY artwork outsid St. Pauls - he's been at this FOUR WEEKS!) before crossing off another of the London to-do's - WE HIT THE KIWI BAR!!!! Seriously - JT and I have been wanting to hit this place called "The Southerner" for about 4 months, and today we checked it out. T-Bone & Wild Wallaby - you would have LOVED it - they had Speight's and Steinlager on draft, and EVERYONE in there was a Kiwi or an Aussie except us. It was GREAT, and we got to watch some Rugby Union and World Cup whilst drinking Gold Medal Ale and the new Alpine Summer Lager (that was easily the best brew). The guy did find it quite hilarious that I'd been to the brewery in Dunedin - T-bone - you would have been so proud.
After that, we walked toward the casa, but we ended up rocking the Tower Tavern for drinks and tonight's match with England. SERIOUSLY - a draw with the Mother Country is a WIN for us, and I am NOT complaining. I'm really just happier we didn't get stabbed.
We're now back at the flat, where we're cooking up a pizza. And mom - we're eating the cheese from Volendam! MAN is it good! The goat's cheese - LIFE CHANGING. Seriously - don't fret about the pesto - those 3 cheeses rock the party that rocks the pinata.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,
Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment