Thursday 1 December 2011

Guess who's back????? MUFFIN PUFFIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Taylor Deportation/Repatriation Countdown

Days left in Singapore: 22

Days left until arrival in the Queen City: 29

Family,

I couldn't help but to put a photo of Muffin Puffin
Down Under on the blog tonight.  Jenny would like
me to tell everyone that she defintely did NOT
piss herself - she'd just jumped in the water and
the green shirt doubled as her towel.  Personally,
I think she had a towel - she just couldn't wait to
get to the chicken kebabs and got too excited...
And a good evening to you from across the globe after the GREATEST DAY EVER in the Lion City.  Why is today the greatest day ever, you ask?  BECAUSE MY MUFFIN PUFFIN HAS RETURNED!!!!!  That's right, sports fans, Jennifer Elaine Tacy Taylor is back in action!!!!  Jenny landed about 5:20 today, and after a rather REDONKULOUS cab ride (read:  46 dollars later), she was in the hizzouse about 7 and ready for Wine Connection.  To quote Texas Ted:  YIPPEE!!!!  YIPPEE!!!!

Today was a good day for the Bull, as I logged 4 miles on the treadmill on a 7:50 pace.  That's the first time I've gone south of 8 minutes a mile for 4 miles in well over 6 months, so that was a really good feeling.  That being said, I do have a nagging knee injury that I will get checked out at OrthoCarolina upon my return (T-bone - here's hoping that it's not the most feared enemy of all runners - anterior knee pain), as it's still bothering me 13 hours (and half a bottle of wine) later. 

This is a quick one just to check in and say hey, as I haven't actually spoken to my wife in 24 days and, quite frankly, cannot think about anything but spending time with my baby right now.  But fret not - there are plenty of GREAT stories to tell from her time Down Under (to say nothing of the fact that I haven't finished Chiang Mai or even STARTED Railay), and we'll get to those in due course.  For now, however, let me just say that I am SO GLAD my beautiful bride is back safe in the Lion City...for the next 67 hours at least...

Two other points to note:

1.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINGER!!!!!!  Welcome to your mid-30's, brother!  I can assure you - 34 is the new 23.  It's really not so bad in this rare air - I'm a big fan.  And besides, to quote my mother:  "It's definitely preferable to the alternative." :-)

2.  Since I won't be writing tomorrow:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BEN!!!!!!!  That's right, folks - T-Rowe's eldest turns 5 tomorrow.  Hairless - where on EARTH has the time gone, man?  Wow - that is CRAZY.

Okay, sorry so short, but that's all the news that's fit to print.  Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment