Friday 19 August 2011

Introducing...L-O-A Jenny!!!!!! Version 7.0...

Family,
And a good Saturday afternoon to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!!!!! And whilst it really is just a scant 2 days off for the Bull, it's the start of a WHOLE NEW WORLD for the Striker. That's right, sports fans, yesterday was Jenny Taylor's last day of work in Singapore, as my Muffin Puffin has just started a six month leave of absence. Is she excited? Well, given that she hasn't stopped smiling (even in her sleep) in the last 24 hours, I think the answer has to be yes. And whilst I won't give away all of her planned destinations, adventures, or travel companions (but I really do hope that she meets up with ODG at some point for some more "tip swapping"), let's just say that there will DEFINITELY be some guest blogging over the coming months. I am SO excited for her, as it truly will be the adventure of a lifetime.
The Striker actually had a great final 2 days in the office. On Thursday, her team in the UK surprised her with a gift card during their farewell telepresence, and then on Friday her Singapore team participated in an "Amazing Race" team-building event. I just got bits and pieces of the adventure, but it sounded really, really amazing. Perfect Pumpkin's team finished 4th, but they would have won had they not bought these $2 Halloween costume hats which they thought were required for a challenge - HILARIOUS! I mean seriously, could she BE any cuter?
After the Amazing Race competition, they did what any normal group of Asian spreadsheet masters would do - throw a party with free booze in the break room! Seriously - they had catered in food, brewskis, and wine for the entire gang, and they had booked out the breakroom until 10 PM. And since they had way too much food (and drink) and since I was still in the office at 7:15 (Wild Card - look at me constantly adding value), I conveniently "popped down" to join them for 1 (which turned into 5). It was classic - Jenny was drinking "little cups" of wine and not heeding my advice to "go easy" on the premise that "Babe! They're just tiny sips!" Granted, that was true, but lots and lots of "tiny sips" eventually helped an ENTIRE BOTTLE to evaporate.
I met some of her Finance peeps, most notably a gal from New Zealand and a fella from Charlotte (fellow ACC grad), and we ended up drinking in the BREAK ROOM until 11:40 PM (it just cracks me up to even type this), at which point LOA Jenny says, "I need to go upstairs and pack up my stuff." I said no problem, but little did I know she was going to have another REUNION up there, coming down 40 minutes later. But hey, there were a lot of farewells to be said, so no complaints.
It was then home via cab, where we passed out able 2 AM. Since we didn't really get dinner last night, we made up for it with a proper Boomerang lunch today, where we crushed an entire large pizza. And now we're back at the flat, and prepping for what is sure to be an EPIC night. Why, you ask? Well, you'll just have to tune in tomorrow and find out!
JT's UK Finance Team - I doubt very seriously that you guys read this, but if you do I just want to say thank you all SO MUCH for being such a wonderful part of her life these past 2 years. She's said nothing but good things about you, and your thoughtfulness with the gift card is just one indicator of how great you guys must be. I know that she'll miss you, and drinks are on her the next time we're near the Porter & Sorter (OSC - that's right, baby - it made the blog).
JT's SG Finance Team - thank you guys for welcoming my wife in and helping her to get settled into life in Southeast Asia. Whilst she obviously wasn't with you guys as long, I know for a fact that she loved her time here, and she's said more than once how grateful she is for everything. The Amazing Race (our FAVORITE show) was a GREAT cap to the end of her working time here, and an even better start (and indicator!) of what's to come for her over the next 6 months.
JT's (former) US Finance Team - hire her please. After the next 6 months, I will be broke. :-)
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,
Sam and (happy as a clam) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment