Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Master Chef takes center stage...

Family,
And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. The Bull logged 50 minutes on the bike today, covering just over 28 KM. I felt pretty good - still not as strong as the day I kept the resistance at 5, but on the whole no complaints. I am going to blame it on the lack of sleep, as Sammy had another night of 4+ hours staring at the ceiling. The bags under the eyes looked pretty rough this morning. I don't think I quite fit the bill of "Axe murderer whom neighbors described as quiet and a model citizen," but a few more nights of this might make me a shoe-in for the next zombie film. But hey, at least the AFD's have been plentiful lately - that's keeping me looking quasi-respective. The fact that my last 2 shaves have left HUGE sections of my face ungroomed, however, probably have counterbalanced it. What can I say - I don't have my muffin puffin here to inspect me!
Turning to other news, I was treated to a feast of KINGS tonight. The venue? Fraser Place Condos, baby! That's right - Big D in the clutch showed off his wicked cooking skills in a display of culinary delights. And let me go ahead and tell you - it was soooooooooooooooo guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud (peppy cheekies).
As I'm doing another long run (20 KM) tomorrow (only 5 runs to go after that one), I needed pasta. Hearing my plea for Italian, Dan whipped up a seafood linguine marinara. And I don't mean throw some shrimp in and call it even - we're talking fresh clams, mussels, shrimp and even SQUID thrown into this mix! We consumed that food with a vengeance - it was like I hadn't eaten in weeks. I definitely feel that my metabolism is roaring again, as I had a full brekkie, crushed a huge lunch, and had 3 snacks over the course of the day before dinner this evening. At least I hope the metabolism is rolling - otherwise, Dad, I'll DEFINITELY be racing in the Clydesdale division upon my return stateside.
It was funny - Dan asked me how much I wanted, and when I pointed at the normal volume I made for myself, the look on both his and Money's face was priceless. Perhaps there is something more than genetics to explain the pouch on me. Who am I kidding, I refuse to take responsibility for anything...so Dad - I'll still blame you. :-)
Other than that, not a whole lot else to report. It's been a mercifully quiet week, but with only 18 days until the race in Sydney, quiet and time to train is EXACTLY what I need right now. Next week should be another good week for training, after which I'll just be in that dangerous final week shooting gallery of "trying to work out but not get hurt" - always an adventure!
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,
Sam and (sitting on a hopefully dry beach, getting a food massage whilst listening to the waves, post Tom Yam soup) Jenny

1 comment: