Wednesday 25 November 2009

Dr. Dinger has spoken...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Smoke. Okay, first off - ANNOUNCEMENT - there will be NO BLOG between now and Monday. Why, you ask? Because the Taylors are off again, this time to Prague, baby!!! Taylors vs. the Eastern Bloc - bring on the blood sausage!

So, first off, I must say something that pains me more than folding when I see my straight come up on the river. I must confess that, after secondary review, Brian James "YMCA animal and stalker" Freidinger was right. 3 months ago, Dinger told me - "Don't run on your foot, Sam - it's a stress fracture." Whilst that was plausible, I refused to believe it, going instead with the tried and true mantra of my father: "You've gotta gut divorce it from your mind." Well, having consulted all the medical sites, done 3 self exams, and listened to the advice of Freidinger and Freidinger Orthopeodics, all signs point to a broken foot. I can't run from the truth anymore (or run from anything else at this point due to pain, for that matter). What does this mean? One word, really, best expressed by Eric Cartman on "South Park" - BEEFCAKE!!!!! I'm not fat, I'm big boned...

Secondly, folks are probably wondering about the after-effects of skating. Well, let me sum up:

1. My foot feels like an anvil was dropped on it from an Airbus.

2. There are two weird bands on my legs where there is NO LEG HAIR LEFT.

3. Jenny has about 57 splotches of red where a blister was 5 minutes away from forming.

4. I have a nice gash on my hand that I'm telling people I acquired during a knife fight in Beirut as a kid.

So tonight was a good night, complete with a Pizza Express pizza and plenty of cheese. Also, I tried the Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Ale, which was guuuuuuuuuuuuuud.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat with you guys Monday, after a great Thanksgiving and trip to the Czech Republic!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment