Tuesday 3 November 2009

Taylor turns 32...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another uber-productive day in the Smoke. As I sit here typing, my perfect pumpkin is busy slaving away in the kitchen, preparing me my birthday meal of Thai green chicken curry! Check out my little tractor beam of hotness working away over a hot stove!

So apologies for no blog last night, but I'll give you the quick recap. I woke up to find all my bones still working (always key) and that I didn't feel any older. As I left for work, JT gave me my present - two new books! I am very excited, and once I get through "Son of a Witch," I'll have to dive into them.

After work, I finally got a chance to chat with dad (here's hoping the Hornets won last night and tonight!) before meeting some work colleagues for a team dinner at "The Don." This place was a French joint, and the wine (and atmosphere) was excellent. While the food wasn't exceptional, it would be a good place for wine and dessert (the fondant brownie with a warm chocolate center was particularly tasty...and I'm sure fat free).

After that, we had a few pints at "The Ship," which was a different "The Ship" than the one last Wednesday - who knew it was such a popular nickname? And yes, Money Penny - I'm happy to report that I did get my Timothy Taylor!


Today was a great day in the office, and I feel really pleased with how much we "turned the dial." Here's hoping tomorrow will really move us in the direction we need to go. Also, we got GBK - Gourmet Burger Kitchen, baby! Oh, yeah! The Burger with Blue Cheese Mayo changed (and quite possibly shortened) my life - SO GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD (peppy cheekies).

On the walk home, I discovered that the lights on Bond Street are FINALLY on, and the street is now a pedestrian zone. I am THRILLED about this, as now I can finally get away from all those damn tourists. :-)

And so here I sit, anxiously awaiting my meal and a Skype session with mommy. What a great night!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny








No comments:

Post a Comment