Wednesday 7 April 2010

I know...I know...forgive me- but...wait for it...wait for it..IT'S GO LIVE, BABY!!!

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after a GREAT day in the Mother Country. First off, my apologies to all of the faithful for such a long break from posting. However, in my defense, I came home on Monday to find a house full of Americans - two visitors, and...MY MUFFIN PUFFIN!!!!! But I get ahead of myself. Let's slide back to Sunday. Unfortunately, that's all you'll get tonight, but I'm hoping this will at least keep Price subscribed to the blog for another week.

Sunday: Back 2 Life....Back 2 Reality (However do you want me...however do you need me - with Harv dancing beside my boombox)

So when I last left you, it was early afternoon and I was fresh off 12 hours of sleep. To celebrate the fact that I was a) still alive and b) didn't feel like someone had slammed my face into a brick wall, I walked down to Ozer for some breakfast. And while it was still a GREAT meal, it was just not the same without my perfect pumpkin. I rocked up to the restaurant and proudly announced "just 1 for breakfast," where I was told a) go sit your ass in the corner, loser, and b) "I'm sorry, we are no longer serving breakfast. " Confused (cause I've eaten brekkie here about a hundred times, always LATER than the current time of noon), I pointed out that it said all day breakfast outside. The response from the waiter: "I am sorry, sir - we had a disaster...in the kitchen...with a sausage." Seriously, I have NO IDEA what that means, but I do NOT want to know.

All the same, they hooked me up with some Ozer style eggs (the quote was: "we can't give you breakfast...unless you want Ozer style eggs." Luckily, that's what I ALWAYS get). I will say that they also threw in a free cup of coffee and didn't rush me, so I was all smiles.

After brekkie, I went back to the flat for a couple of hours, where I continued devouring "Her Fearful Symmetry." At this point I'd passed the 200 page point, and I was still really into it. THAT - was about to change.

I left the flat around 3:15 and headed up to Regent's Park. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, and so I made the walk all the way to Primrose Hill (first time I've EVER seen the view on a clear day). The walk was just great - a chance to clear my head, get some fresh air, and prep for what I knew would be a VERY busy week. And the best part - there are FINALLY FLOWERS IN THE PARK AGAIN!!! And granted, there will be about 16,000 more freezes (which will mean my council tax at work will result in about a BILLION more potted plants), but hey, I am SO READY for color, that you won't hear a complaint here!

I ended up walking for about 2 hours, including getting lost in Camden and Chalk Farm. Actually, at one point, I was so lost that, when I saw the Morning Crescent tube stop, I didn't even know what direction I was walking in (pretty embarrassing, considering that the largest broadcast tower in the UK was always in sight...).

That evening I joined the donkey convention for dinner at Ayoush (a GREAT Egyptian joint), where we dined in "the grotto" and I ate like a king with Shogun, Moose, some of his mates, Dunphey, and Dorking. Yes, hitman - I AM a food whore.

I then went home and finished Her Fearful Symmetry around 12:30, where I can confirm that I was QUITE disappointed with the ending. 265 GREAT pages (including 2 of the best lines I've read in a long time) and 140 pages of utter disappointment.

Okay, sorry so short tonight, but it's after 11, and it's GO LIVE week. Given that, it will be fits and starts until Sunday, at which point I'll return to some semblance of normalcy (Price - not a word, damn it).

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat soon (hopefully)!

Love,

(A reunited - but we'll cover that tomorrow) Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment