Monday, 12 April 2010

The joys of sleep, salad, and sun...

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT (but busy!) day in the Mother Country. I can definitely feel the Transition machine ratcheting up, as today was wicked busy. That being said, another one is in the books, and I still feel really good about where we are.

Okay, so first off - NICE WORK MUFFIN PUFFIN!!!! Full marks for giving you the first run of Slovenia. There is another installment coming (fret not), as I know that she left you with a cliffhanger ending (hey - gotta keep ratings high!). Secondly, I'l give you the recap of yesterday and today.

For starters, we slept in until 2 PM yesterday. That's right - 2 PM. That's just how we roll. We finally left the house around 4:50, determined to see the fresh flowers and have a wander through Regent's Park. Before walking out the door, I had that moment of "Should I bring a heavy fleece or my ear warmers?" Seeing those beautiful blue skies and remembering the 60 degree "heat wave" from Saturday, I decided no. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, was a serious mistake.

We had a GREAT walk through the park, and the flowers were GORGEOUS. However, there was no escaping the wind that absolutely RIPPED THROUGH YOUR INSIDES. Seriously, it had to have been 40 with the wind chill, and all I had was a Life is Good t-shirt and the thin fleece I stole from Jesse (possession is 9/10th's, baby!!!). Talk about CHILLY! That being said, it was a BEAUTIFUL day, and the light was simply fantastic for photography.

After the park, we rolled over to Sainsbury's for a night in. After the schedule we'd been keeping, we wanted salad and an AFD. We accomplished both, and we even treated ourselves to a truffle cheese from Borough Market (AC - it was EVEN BETTER than I remembered- SO GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD). Check out our spread!

After that, I was feeling a bit funny (can't imagine why), and so I threw back some Nite Nurse (it still counts as an AFD, damn it!) and passed out at 8:30 PM. That's right, sports fans - I was awake 6.5 hours yesterday - that's it.

I popped out of bed this morning at 6:24, and I am happy to report that, after a 6 month lull, Taylor COMPLETED A 5k, BABY!!! It wasn't poetry, and yes, I did have to slow the pace toward the end, but I FINALLY got through 3.1 miles in a go. It felt SO GOOD to have a burn in the lungs finally. And best of all - NO PAIN!!!

The work day was crazy busy, but it worked out good, as I got home at the same time as Muffin Puffin (she'd been rockin' the pool). And now we are about to sit down to an evening of salad (again), complete with the truffle cheese and NO Booze ANYWHERE to be seen.

And for those among you who are praying people, I would ask you to keep Sandra Clark and the Shaw family in your thoughts and prayers. They are friends of mine, and they are going through tough times at the moment. Thanks to all.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!


Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment