Wednesday 21 April 2010

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No...it's...actually, it really IS a plane!

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Important news from London - I think I found the culprit for the stress fracture.

So I am getting dressed this morning, and in the midst of perusing my uber-stylish wardrobe, I realize that all of my khaki's (ranging in age from 2-13 years) are dirty! I contemplate fishing the latest member of the dirty clothes pile out and shaking it off, but the food stains are simply too much for even me too bear. Consequently, we go to the oldest staple in the group - the JCPenny's Black Slacks.

Time tested after 18 years in the battle field, these puppies are more svelt than ever. However, donning the black slacks means that my normal "Let's go hike an ice field in Greenland" shoes won't work. Consequently, I move to the famous "Cap Toe because I want to look like Price" shoes.

Once I arrive at work, I notice a pain on the old break. Sure enough, the memories come flooding back to me of the feet REALLY hurting after walking and standing in these shoes. And then it hits me: these sons a @#$@#$@#$ were the primary cause in the break! You'll be happy to know that I rocked trainers the rest of the day, and the Cap Toes are now officially in the rubbish bin. I can't even give them to charity - I can't risk breaking other people's feet.

The day was a good one - VERY busy in the office, but we got through it. Tomorrow is truly D-Day, so let's hope everyone gets paid! I logged a 5K this evening in 26:20, and it felt really good. Tomorrow I'll show off my massive guns again in the weight room, and then Friday it's back to the treadmill. And then, after April, I am setting my sights on the next great hurdle - runnig outdoors. D-Day is 10 May, and it will be on grass (Regent's Park). I just want a few more test runs.

So the biggest news today was, of course, the lifting of the flying ban in Britain. It was HILARIOUS - I showed up at work and said, "I still haven't seen any planes." 10 seconds later, a group of 6 of us are talking about where they were when they saw their first plane in the sky that morning. All I could think was: "Is this how the townfolk of Kittyhawk were in 1903? Cause if so - we really haven't made much progress as a society."

Dinner tonight was a GREAT salad, courtesy of Muffin Puffin. Also, we rocked AFD #4! That's where the good train ends, I'm afraid, as I AM having that Fat Tire tomorrow. Whether it's celebratory or to drown my sorrows is TBD - so tune in tomorrow for confirmation.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment