Monday 21 February 2011

After a GREAT run, Team Taylor is boring for an evening...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. I know that Big Cat isn't gonna believe this, but today was Sammy the Bull's LONGEST DAY IN THE OFFICE SINCE TRANSITION. That's right, sports fans, fresh off a SUPER relaxing weekend in Paradise, I logged my first 13.5 hour day since that famous moment of "I don't think overtime's working in Canada." However, I can't complain, as my Muffin Puffin is STILL working as I type this. And based on the speed at which Excel is saving, she might be at it until about 4 in the morning. Translation - Team Taylor is LESS than exciting tonight.

The funniest part of the day was this morning, when I went to check the opening times of the US Embassy in Singapore. You see, Four Leaf needs a new passport, and I was going to drop my old one off today and get the ball rolling. But in an irony that ONLY the work boys, would appreciate, the Embassy was CLOSED DUE TO PRESIDENT'S DAY. THAT'S RIGHT - the Embassy celebrates both local AND US public holidays (insert the joke about, "Sam, how is that any different than you?"). Oh well, there's always tomorrow (unless they also celebrate Japanese holidays here).

Regardless, I do take solace in the fact that:

1. I logged 7.6 miles this morning at an 8:35 pace. Given how hot it was and how I still had some gas left at the end (and didn't even bring Gatorade along), I'm feeling really good about the race in May (Miller - next week I'm going to cover myself in palm fronds and rabid monkeys so that I can have the true "MattPa" experience). Also, whilst it was HELL to get out of bed (I didn't fall asleep until after 2, and when I did sleep I had dreams of this possessed child tripping my down the stairs in a haunted house - good times...), I am liking the Monday morning ritual of getting up for the long run. That means I don't have to do it over the weekend!

2. I completed the travel tracker today! So, as some of you know, Team Taylor owes taxes in, well, pretty much every country on earth. To keep it all sorted, my dear friends at KPMG have this tax organizer that helps keep a lot of the data consolidated (I must agree with Shogun - it is AMAZING how much work goes into an expat's tax returns...you honestly have no idea until you see it). One of the features is the "travel tracker," whereby I have to account for every single day of the year, noting them as working, vacation, public holiday, or non-work. And NO, all you DONKEYS making the joke - IT DOES NOT READ 85% VACATION. It reads 84%...

3. We are making progress booking some vacation! After failing to make it on the previous two attempts, Team Taylor is FINALLY heading to...wait for it...wait for it...THAILAND, BABY!!!!! Granted, it's a little ways out, but no complaints - we're SO EXCITED!!!!

Not a whole lot else to report other than to apologize to P-Dawg for not making the leaving drinks. Sorry gal - it was one HELL of a day.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Happy President's Day!!!! Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment