Tuesday 16 November 2010

Catherine Cay would be so proud of our cabinets right now...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country! Sammy the Bull FINALLY got back in the act today for the Land's End Challenge, spending 33 minutes on the bike (just 19KM, but I'll take it!). I have been absolutely exhausted lately, and I could tell during the spin that my legs were a bit tired. That being said, it felt SO GOOD to burn a few calories, and it also gave me time to finish "The White Tiger," a book that I HIGHLY recommend. I think it fizzles a bit in the last 30 or so pages, but on the whole I think it's a fabulous debut novel.

After all the mayhem of the past few weeks, Team Taylor finally has a night in. How are we celebrating? DORITOS AND CHEESE, BABY!!!!! But honestly, is there another way to commemorate one's last full week of work in the United Kingdom? And yes, that's a true statement - next week's vacation, followed by a 4 day week and then another 4 day week before shuffling off. How on EARTH is that possible?

It was actually with that thought in mind that I titled tonight's blog, as for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I fear that I have more food in the cupboard than JT and I can possibly consume. Why is that humorous? Because back in 2006 when we met Lady Catherine for the first time, she opened our fridge looking for breakfast food. What she found was beer, water, juice, milk, and sweet chili sauce. Opening our cupboard, she found sugar, salad dressing, and some other condiment packets. She stood there for about 30 seconds, simply unable to comprehend what she was seeing. And then, as if it suddenly clicked, she said, "I've never seen a kitchen with absolutely NO food in it." Cath - look at how we've changed out ways!!!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment