Thursday 4 November 2010

Good times...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. The Land’s End Challenge got a nice boost of 24 KM today on the bike bringing the total ground covered to 589 KM (out of the planned 970). I only got about 2.5-3 hours of sleep last night, which I think definitely contributed to the fact that my legs were just NOT functioning. I’m gonna hit the bike again tomorrow vs. running, as I think I just need to rest up a bit over the weekend before pounding the pavement again.

In book news, I finished “Too Big to Fail,” today, and it was EXTRA AWESOME. Seriously – talk about a GREAT read. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you work in banking or financial services.

As for the evening, Sammy arrived at Piccadilly Circus at 7 PM STARVING (I’d skipped lunch, but luckily the Birley Breakfast sandwich was holding strong). Jenny and I met a blast from the blogging past – the Gallaghers! – at this DELISH Japanese place called Toku. It was only our second sushi run in the year and a half that we’ve lived here (excluding MattPa and OSC deliveries of Itsu, of course!), and it was SO GUUUUUUUUUUUUUD (peppy cheekies). Granted, I also had a pork and rice bowl that was WICKED good, so all in all I was fat and happy.

From there we rolled over to the featured event of the evening – the Pigalle Club. Alison and Ric knew a guy playing at the club, and so we wandered in, ordered a Corona (Heine for JT, and it was LIFE CHANGING GOOD), and met some of their friends before the show. And speaking of the show, these guys were AWESOME.

The band, called “Goodtimes Goodtimes” was a 4 man ensemble, and they were just FANTASTIC. It was definitely a Southern Rock meets Bob Dylan meets Blues Traveler kind of sound, and I honestly enjoyed their entire set (certainly better than the Italian Alanis Morrisette that followed). Keep an ear out for these cats, as they were GREAT.

We chatted with the Gallaghers for a bit after the show before calling it a night and walking home. And now, sitting here on the couch (WITHOUT CHEESE OR DORITOS, for the record – Muffin Puffin has SUCH willpower), I think it’s time to pass out and call it a night.

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment