Tuesday 9 November 2010

Proof that humans can live in NEGATIVE EIGHTY DEGREE climates...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the pond after THE COLDEST DAY IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. Seriously, it’s so bloody cold in this country that my bone hurt. Rather than taking it as another indicator that “it’s time to go,” I actually think England is saying, “Just get the hell out.” I mean, I know I’m thick headed, but I CAN take a hint…

So today was another good one, even if Sammy the Bull DID NOT work out. That’s right, sports fans – it’s been 4 DAYS since the Land’s End Challenge has had ANY love, and I’m feeling pretty soggy in the mid-section. Big Cat, Dinger, Hairless, you can say it – CHUUUUUUBBY BUUUUUUNNY!!!! Or as Dinger would follow up with: “Playin’ weight, my ass…”

So today was big for another reason, as this evening, after a THREE MONTH dry spell, Sammy rediscovered his love for real ale! Honestly, when it’s this cold outside, you realize why ale is the temperature and taste that it is in England.

Hitman and I visited his old hood – South Kensington – where I finally got my first tasting at the Queen’s Arms (Fizzy – you were with us in spirit). There I tried an IPA called Jaipur, which was AMAZING, followed by a DELICIOUS stout called Centurion Ghost Ale – talk about a winter warmer!

We then wandered over to the Tea Clipper, where a pint of Hobgoblin set us up right for dinner, which was Thai food down the way. I definitely had lamb shank envy, but mine was pretty darn good as well.

After that, it was a nightcap at the Bunch of Grapes (London Royal ale for me) before calling it a night and heading home. And now, exhausted yet again, it’s time to hit the sack, secure in the knowledge that I’ve rediscovered real ale!

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment