Monday 28 September 2009

Back in the Queen City, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family,

And a good evening to you (again) from the Queen City after a VERY long but fantastic day. As I type this, it's 3:30 AM UK time, and I am BUSHED. However, I wanted to drop a quick note to tell everyone that I've arrived.

When I landed, I took a taxi to the Marriott - Center City (Uptown). I gotta tell ya - it feels weird to be back (but oh so good). I spent 8 hours on the plane reading Book 4 of Twilight, and I am now 600 pages in! I'm only 160 pages from the end...so close...and Edward's STILL SO HOT...

Whe landed 10 minutes early, only to learn that the Immigration officers weren't ready for us and weren't at their stations. Consequently, we were stuck on the plane for another 20 minutes or so before they let us go. However, we rolled through without incident, and reached uptown around 3 PM.

Upon check-in, I got to see CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ - Megan! We chatted for a bit, and she took care of her cousin (btw - the fridge is AWESOME). We didn't get to chat much since she was working, but it was great to chat for at least 10 minutes or so.

After that , I went for a run (3 miles - dude - you forget how HOT AND HUMID this city is!) before showering and heading to Enso, a new Asian Bistro in the Epicentre. There I met the gang I work with for dinner, where I hate some GREAT sushi (so guuuuuuuud peppy cheekies). 3 rolls and 4 kirin later, I was a chubby bunny - just in time for some...wait for it...wait for it...FAT TIRE AT WILD WINGS, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I cuaght my first NFL football game of the year (currently the Panthers are winning 7-3 vs. the Cowboys, halfway through the third), and it's now time to sack out.

Sorry this one's so short, but I am BEAT and have to have a functioning brain tomorrow.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and (from the continent I started on) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment