Wednesday 30 September 2009

Operating at 58.5%.........

Family,

And a good evening to you from the Queen City. Today was a GREAT day, capped off by a wonderful evening with some great friends. For starters, I had lunch today with my in-laws – the Tacy Family! I met them at my hotel at 11:15, determined to get a GREAT rasher burger at Ri-Ra. And so we walked across the street with me talking this establishment up as though it were a Gordon Ramsey joint, only to show up and find a BIKE LOCK on the door, just below a sign that says “Closed for Renovation.” NICE…

So instead, we rolled over to Phil’s Deli, where I had a SERIOUS American portion of Philly Cheese steak and fries (as well as some sweet tea – YEAH, BABY!!!!). It was so great to catch up with them, and we had a really nice visit. And by the way – Happy Birthday Jan!!!! Enjoy Disney World (although my fingers burn in agony as I type that…).

In the evening, I went to the Price Compound (not in Waco – NOT Branch Dividian), where we had the staple of the Taylor family diet – the Buffalo Wing Pizza from Hawthorne’s. For the record, Melissa referred to this as the “Redneck Pizza selection,” stating that chicken has NO PLACE on a pizza. We summarily beat her with a rubber hose and fed her only brussel sprouts the entire night.

So for those of you who don’t know, every couple of months during out time in CLT, a group of 12 always tried to get together for Hawthorne’s pizza nights. This encapsulates 4 couples and 4 children, and we ALWAYS have a blast.

We had a couple of illnesses in the group tonight, and with Jenny in London, we only had 7 of the 12 present – hence, we were only operating around 58.5% (or so – dude, I’m a history major – cut me some slack…).

We had a blast, chatting about life, eating great pizza, and drinking Landshark Lager – So guuuuuuuuuuud. I then had GC drop me off at home, and I’m now preparing to sack out (as LA Tech continues to POUND the Rainbow Warriors of Hawai’i).

That’s all the news that’s fit to print with one exception – Uncle Ken – I’m still cheering for you, brother. Thanks for a GREAT run.

Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and (my travel agent) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment