Friday 11 September 2009

Introducing....Team De La Rosa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond on this fabulous Friday. Today was a GREAT day! We had some vacation to start, we got a lot accomplished, Jenny had a great first week at work, and we’ve got Friends in town!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you………..Karin and Dann (yep - 2 n's) De La Rosa! Karin used to be Jenny’s manager many moons ago. They are spending a month in Europe bouncing around, and (lucky for us) one of their stops was the Smoke!

Last night we chatted till about 1, drinking Cobra and…oh, how it pains me to say it…..Bulmer’s Pear Cider (Karin only, for the record). It was great to see them and catch up – we’re looking forward to a fun weekend!
So tonight we started at the local, where we met a seriously CRAZY CAT - Ryan, the ex-Marine who was born in 1 of 17 Cold Wars (he changed his birth date about 20 times). In the end, I think we confirmed he was born in 1948 during the British section of the Korean War (I didn't ask questions because I thought he might snap my neck with his thumb or drown me in ink from 1 of his 64 tatoos).
He preceded to hit on Jenny and Karin for about 20 minutes while Dann and I tried to translate what the hell this guy was saying (seriously - it was NOT English). He then tried to convince Dann and I to visit Bangkok (without our wives - his quote - "it will be more fun that way..." - WOW).
After that (and Karin trying Scrumpy's for the first time), we went down to St. Christopher's Place, where we had a GREAT meal at Sofra (we got free wine since we had to wait for a table!). And now we're back at the flat, sipping on Kronie's and chatting about life. Another great day!
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Sorry so short, but I want to hang out with our peeps! Chat tomorrow!
Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment