Wednesday 30 September 2009

Introducing…the Sultan of Pai-Gow…John Ogas!!!!!!!!!!!!


Family,

And a good evening to you from the Queen City. Okay, again – apologies for no blog last night. However, internet was down in my room, and I couldn’t post (even after calling tech support and giving them EVERY SEQUENCE OF NUMBERS KNOWN TO MAN). Consequently, you’re getting a pair of them this evening, starting with yesterday’s recap.

After work, I hit an old haunt – Cedar St. Tavern. Whilst there, I hung out with a good buddy (and former cube mate) – John Ogas. This guy is something of legend in the Taylor family, as he’s the man who taught Jenny and I how to play Pai-Gow (and in this very location, no less)!!!

John is a great guy, and a RABID Vegas fanatic. A few key points on Brother Ogas:

1. He’s made 30+ trips to Vegas (and I’m thinking 31 or 32 will be with Team Taylor).

2. He’s a blackjack and Pai-Gow machine.

3. He’s worked for the Panthers for the last 8 years – how cool is that?

4. He managed to sit beside me for almost a year without requesting a) a transfer or b) hazard pay. That alone should earn him a silver star in corporate America.
5. He is my link to all "Sin Stock" investing tips - most notably MGM (back to sell, baby!) and LVS (60% growth incoming!!!).

Kevin “Big Cat” Woest joined us for a few as well, and we had a good time chatting about life, liberty, and the pursuit of SuperBowls. After that, it was off to Wild Wings, where Brother Woest and I contemplated the meaning of life whilst drinking some Fat Tire and eating a RIDICULOUS amount of wings (hey man, it was “Buy 8-Get 8 Free”…who can argue with that?”). I will say that, if I can make a recommendation, “Cherynobl” and “Jamaican Jerk” eaten in tandem 4 seconds after coming out of the over is NOT a good combination.

I passed out at 10 PM that night, waking up like a SHOT at 2 AM, where I laid awake until about 3:30. Yeah…my body has NO CLUE what time zone it’s in.

Okay – that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam (somewhere in Cyberspace) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment