Monday 14 September 2009

JT - Back at the local - MAGISTER!!!!

Family,

And a good evening to you from the Iberian Peninsula after another GREAT day in Europe! Today was a fantastic day in the office – I got a chance to practice my Spanish and even present! And for all the nay-sayers out there, I am happy to admit that there were more than a few times I had to finish a sentence in English, but on the whole, I was very pleased. However, toward the end, I could tell that my brain was starting to hurt.

After work, I caught a cab back to the hotel, where I ran a 5K on the treadmill!!! We are talking ZERO pain! I was so excited. While I ran, I caught the replay of Kim Clijsters beating the other gal (had to be Polish, but that name was IMPRESSIVE) at the final of the US Open. That definitely helped to pass the time. Dad, it pains me to admit it, and this by NO MEANS suggests I condone the same treatment and advice for Pattie Ruth, but it does appear that all I really needed to do was “Gut divorce it” (knock on wood). Tomorrow, if I get out in time, I really would like to hit the park and see how I fare on uneven ground. Also, JT and I want to look into some 5K’s in London now that I’m feeling better and that she’s joined a gym. She actually did something called “Cardio Body Attack” at the local gym tonight. Are you sore muffin puffin?

After showering, I met Kevin, Kunal, and Nancy (the King Donkey Matt Miller has still not arrived due to flight delays) in the lobby, and I took them to mine and Jenny’s favorite place in Santa Anna – MAGISTER!!!! This place has SUCH good food, is a fun atmosphere, and best of all…wait for it…wait for it…GERMAN STYLE BEER BREWED ON SITE!!! Muffin – you’ll be happy to know that I threw back 3 Rubia’s in your honor. SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD (Peppy Cheekies!!!), as well as some of our usual fare.

Now I’m back in the room, getting ready to check some email and call it a night. Oh, and I should mention that, after sawing through some SERIOUS horror fiction (The Exorcist, Red Dragon, and Hannibal, in that order), I am now back to the sexiest vampire on earth – Edward Cullen. I’m about 2/3 of the way through Eclipse (Book 3), and it’s still very entertaining! Yeah, I know, I know…SHUT IT UNC BOYS.

Okay, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam (and by extension) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment