Friday 9 July 2010

And the greatest of these - is MONEY...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. It's about 427,000 degrees here tonight, and my slack ass still hasn't gone out and bought a fan. Consequently, I will be sleeping with ice on my chest tonight in an attempt to beat the heat. I am chugging water as well so I'll have plenty of sweat. But, well - that's really kind of gross when you think about it.
So tonight's feature attraction was a good one - having been out of Theaterland for awhile, the Taylors went to a show. The production in question was one that flopped in the states but has been receiving RAVE reviews here. It is a most unusual concept for a show - corporate greed, criminal activity, credit fraud. I am speaking of a show that shares its name with a now bankrupt company - Enron.
Simply put, this show was AWESOME. BRILLIANTLY staged, well written, and FANTASTICALLY performed, I am SO GLAD that we saw it. We had terrifc seats (8th row), and the lighting, music, video clips, and performances were just fabulous. I heard that it absolutely BOMBED on Broadway, but I gotta tell ya - this show is DEFINITELY work seeing. Full marks.

To offset the cost of the tickets (that's right, Hitman - ain't no free lunch here), we grabbed 3 slices of pizza for the walk home and consumed it en route (6 quid all in for dinner - muffin puffin is a cheap date). And now we're back at the flat eating grapes (from Egypt - because who wants to pay French and Italian prices?). In fact, thank GOODNESS for the grapes, as my other meals today have been a bacon & ham bloomer (that would be sandwich to you Americans) from Birley Salt Beef this morning and lunch at...wait for it...wait for it...NANDO'S, BABY! I had lunch with a friend over from the states, which means a) it was a blast and b) well, if you have ever worked on Transition, you know what it means...(insert Hitman yelling "FOOD WHORE!" here)

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment