Friday 2 July 2010

FINALLY - a much coveted and long sought after night in...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! Today was a quiet one, and because I'm (mercifully) not trying to catch up on multiple days of writing, tonight's installment will be a quick one.

It was a great (even if lonely) day in the office. With Goodyer moving back to Chester, Owain in Mumbai supporting an implementation, and the rest of the team on to bigger and better things, I was the SOLE representative on the floor (can someone say nude twister, green jello, and the Thong song...oh, wait...I mean - it was super productive and steadily busy...).

I did get a run in today, logging a 5K in about 26 minutes or so - nothing flashy, but my foot's been hurting a little this week, so I thought it best to go slow. I was pain free after the run, so knock on wood that I'm okay.

The afternoon was great, and I even managed to catch the second half of Netherlands vs. Brazil. WOW!!! Shogun - I hope you had your Orange on, man, as that was AWESOME. But so you know, if Ghana pulls off the shocker tonight, I will be pulling against you next week.

After the Niederlanders shocked the soccer world, I wrapped up a few things and went back to the house, where I just watched Nadal handle and summarily dismiss Murray in the Wimbledon semi-finals. The Scotsman's a great player, but today the Spaniard was simply too much.

And now, after two GREAT sporting events, I'm back at the flat, where mufifn and I are foregoing the AFD pact to crack open some DELICIOUS looking Belgian brews (courtesy of the Shogun - thanks, man - can't WAIT to dive into Kanon - boogity...) and tearing into the Holland cheese (mom - you wouldn't BELIEVE how good that stuff is - SO TASTY!!!) with a salad as we prepare for Ghana vs. Uruguay. Somebody bring me a vuvuzela!!!!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment