Tuesday 6 July 2010

I mean, can a brother find a chianti...for 3 pounds or less...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country! First and foremost - let's give credit where credit's due - GO NIEDERLANDERS!!!!! The non-Syracuse Orange have managed to string together 6 wins in a row, a feat that has not been duplicated in this World Cup. More to the point - they look guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud. I, as I'm sure Shogun is as well, am cheering for a Holland - Germany final. Honestly, it's really anybody but Spain at this point...

So today was a good day. For starters, I didn't work out. Remember that whole "I'm gonna do the Versa-climber" thing? Yeah - that was a bold face lie. I mean, I could try to make myself feel better by saying "At least I had salads for lunch and dinner," but the realities are as follows:

1. I had a Birley Salt Beef Full Breakfast Bloomer to start my day - that's about a pound of ham, an egg, and cheese on bread - yeah...EXACTLY.

2. I did have a "salad" at lunch, but there were about 14 hunks of feta on it each the size of a small dog

3. I did have a salad at dinner, but I got into the Dutch cheese for the hour before it and washed the salad down with a bag of Cheddar Kettle chips. So....yeah - feelin' guuuuuuuuuuuuud...

We did break the AFD streak by opening a bottle of Rioja. And while it's good, I gotta tell ya - there's NOTHING like Chianti. THIS GUY WANTS MORE CHIANTI (and cowbell - gotta have cowbell). However, it's not at Sainsbury's (the cheap grocery store), and I can't bring myself to pay the price for it. Hitman - any chance you guys need to have another round of "Knowledge Transfer?" I really need some wine and sushi (not together of course)- just sayin'...

Rice -read the last blog on the Mockingbird. Brilliantly written - but then again, you've always been a masterful writer (and philosopher for that matter). All I can say is don't give up on the Great Beyond. I know we differ on this point, but at least leave the possibility open. However, I used up all my Jack Handy "Deep Thoughts," so tonight I'll keep it light. :-)

And btw - Old School Cool - check the comments from the last blog. Your biggest fan left a HILARIOUS signature. SHAKE AND BAKE!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment