Wednesday 21 July 2010

The taxman cometh...but only at my invitation...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Okay, so I realize that, since we've been discussing trolls, expensive beer, and whale meat for the last two days, I haven't caught you up on life back in the Smoke since our arrival. And whilst it's not been too excited, we're definitely glad to be back in the swing of things.

On Monday, I had a work function where I met some Queen City peeps for a few drinks at a pub near St. Paul's called The Saint. There brother Morgan and I threw back 3 pints and shook a few hands before rolling out for an early evening.

Yesterday I got 35 minutes on the bike. Why hit the bike vs. go for a run? Well, because I have FINALLY STARTED "THE 5 GREATEST WARRIORS." That's right - Jack West, Jr. IS BACK, BABY!!!!! And this time - he's taking NO prisoners. Dean - this book is AWESOME, man. Yet again Matthew Reilly scores a winner. Make sure and introduce me next time I'm down there. :-)

Last night was a fun one, as I met Andrew Vincett out for drinks. Andrew was my tax advisor (as you can imagine, a MUCH needed resource for an assignee), and he was a GREAT guy to work with. Consequently, I wanted to buy the man a beer.

We had a great evening and chatted for about 3 hours or so before parting ways. However, I definitely expect that I'll see him again, as he was quite a fun guy to hang with.

Today was another great day at work. I got a chance to do a brick (a run and a bike), and it was generally very productive. I am attributing it to the switch from Costa Vanilla Lattes to Starbucks filter coffee - I am a new man! And Hitman - so we're clear - I am NOT getting another Birley brekkie sandwich until I'm running consistently. I think I'm just now burning off the last of those calories.

Tonight has been great - we're having a quiet night in with some chianti, and JT's back in Gordon Ramsey mode and preparing a treat using some stuff she bought in Slovenia. Thanks, muffin! You do so guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!!! And mum - so you know - tonight we have FINALLY finished the pack of three cheeses you bought us in Volendam. And we're STILL going on the cheese spread! Now aren't you glad you didn't buy that pack of six! :-)

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment