Monday 12 July 2010

This feels weird - I don't know how to explain it. It feels like...um...kinda...oh, I know - a ROUTINE...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. As I type this the weather has cooled, some typically English clouds have rolled in, and there's a nice breeze blowing down Hallam Street. I have spent the last hour or so working through "Child 44" - still VERY good about a third of the way in.

It's hard to believe, but today is the SECOND CONSECUTIVE WEEK we've managed back-to-back AFD's on a Sunday and a Monday. In fact, I had more AFD's last week than I did the previous three months! Yes, I would agree - that is TERRIFYING.

Slowly but surely, with the end of the last project and the start of the new one, (dare I say) there's a routine forming. I'm getting back into the gym and exercising regularly (Jenny's actually grinding out laps as I type this), we're eating salads together at home 2-3 nights a week, we're getting back to having regular AFD's, and I'm even feeling a little trimmer. I am sure the reduction in booze has helped, both on the sodium side and the calorie side. That's translating to running (FINALLY) starting to feel easier again. In fact, I'm getting back into decent times for 3-4 mile runs (managed 4 miles outside today in just under 34 minutes, so no complaints there). Granted, it's a LONG way to go, but I'm certainly pleased so far.

So between morning exercise, reading to and from on the Tube, nightly blogs, some semblance of a healthy diet, and starting to email/call folks again, I think the Taylors are once again on the verge of establishing a new normal. I guess I have to temper that by saying we've got TONS of stuff planned in the coming months, but the pace right now feels much less frenetic than the previous 3, and I'm certainly feeling both healthier and more relaxed.

Lastly, to Sandra (which probably means to Mum and Rice since you'll see this before her - just please pass along) - we love you and are praying for you. Rice is under strict instructions to keep me informed. :-)

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment