Thursday 8 July 2010

Can it be possible? Four WONDERFUL years already in the books...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after THE BEST day yet in the Mother Country. Why is it the best day, do you ask? Because on this day, just a scant four years ago, I married my soul mate, best friend, and hottest red head in Charlotte. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, today Mr. and Mrs. Assignee 47 are celebrating 4 years of marriage. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Thinking back to a few highlights some of you might remember:

1. Rice, Martin, and Chuck lecture me on "being a man and drinking a beer" or "giving knuckle blasts" vs. crying next time I decide to read a poem

2. Dad loses his socks at the church and is about to go out in just shoes when he remembers he wedged them just above his crack. When I asked WHY, exactly, he did that, he responded: "So I wouldn't forget them." Priceless...

3. The look on Jenny's face when Tom Price pulled out the guitar

4. The look on EVERYONE'S face when the Aussies did their readings
5. Uncle Benny (GREEN LIGHT!) and H-Bomb rockin' out on their songs

6. Dave "The Jew" Willner cutting me off mid-speech before we sang Gummi Bears

7. Dad and KJ giving BRILLIANT toasts

8. Me preparing to throw the garter and hearing CP say, "Hey Sammy, you don't have the arm to get it out here!"
9. One word: Saltimboca

10. Two words: Ice sculpture
11. GC Robinson caught on camera carrying the last 6 Coronas from the bar like they were the last morsels of food left on earth

12. Bob hunting us down for our cufflinks...which I then lost...
13. Jayme. Red wine. New Carpet. No security deposit. Ahhhh, yeah....

14. Me hugging Pappas at the end of the night and pulling back to find one of her dress straps broken. Um...yeah...
15. Getting home that night, taking a shower, and then letting all the emotion wash over us

It's honestly HARD TO BELIEVE that it's been four years. The crazier part is that, when we move home in December, we will have lived more time outside the US married than in! And don't worry, I won't bore all of you with how I think my wife is perfect, how much I love her, and how every day I fall more in love with her, but I will say that, thanks to my perfect pumpkin, I am happier than I've EVER been and consider myself to be the luckiest man alive.
We celebrated the occasion by doing what Team Taylor does best - EATING A HUGE MEAL. We went to Roast, a fancy carvery just above Borough Market, where we consumed enough Pork Belly to kill a small horse. SO GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD (wicked peppy cheekies). Add in some GREAT wine, fabulous sides and starters, and a wonderful atmosphere, and you have a recipe for a perfect night.

We then rolled over to the Old Kings Head, where we killed another bottle of wine and listened to enough American 80's rock to think we were at Howl at the Moon - it was AWESOME! Price - it was pretty much your first date with Mandy at the Hut...minus the beer bellies and 14,000 calories...and foul language, of course.
And where are we now? Well, we are eating a bag of chips (Vintage chutney and onion flavored, of course) and singing "Always" by Bon Jovi. Yes, I we just downloaded "Cross Road" in our drunken stupor and Puffin is BELTING out these songs just like last December. And for the record, I have chips all OVER me. Good times...

To all our friends who were part of that magical night four years ago, and to all of you who have been part of our lives since then - thank you for your love, your friendship, your laughter, your kindness, and, above all - thanks for being exactly who you are, as you have enriched our lives in more ways than you could possibly imagine. We love you guys.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Well, except for:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PERFECT MUFFIN PUFFIN TRUFFLE BEAR!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chat tomorrow!

Love,
Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment