Wednesday 12 January 2011

The boxes are here, baby!!!!

Family,


And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. THE BOXES HAVE ARRIVED, BABY!!!! That's right - today, at 2:33 PM, Crown Relocation rocked up with the 20 boxes that have comprised (more or less) mine and Jenny's life for the last 18 months. Granted, 2 boxes of it were winter clothes that I did nothing but shove in a closest and 1 box was filled with books that we've already read, but hey - at least the gang's all here again!


And now, some rambling commentary about life in general:



1. Wild Card has FORTY-EIGHT followers on his blog? Dude - seriously, that guy is KILLING ME in the ratings department. Big D - this means war. I'm going to start handing out promo fliers to Hooter's and Uptown Cabaret (they do have a mean Sunday brunch) to drive up my numbers - I can't have network cancelling me and moving me into syndication.



2. On the metro today, I looked up and noticed that they have started flashing up motivational quotes while you're waiting. Oddly enough, today's quote was from Lou Holtz. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? How many people do you think in Singapore know that they're drawing wisdom from a 4 foot tall leprechaun who's trying to sell CapitalOne cards? That being said, the quote was pretty darn good (but since I can't remember it verbatim - after all, he's long winded), I won't jot it down.



3. Sammy the Bull made the gym today AND had his 4th AFD in 7 days (and second in a row). So far, the plan is holding. I just really, REALLY wish that I could lift more than the bar on the bench without it feeling heavy. Oh well, I can always use the "I'm a runner - I just do this to tone" excuse. CHUUUUUUUUUUUUBBY BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNY!!!!



4. I have spent a TON of time unpacking today, and it's almost all done. Muffin - I hope you like where everything is! Also, on a side note, I took my clothes out of the boxes and noticed pit stains, food stains, holes, wrinkles, and the fact that, by and large, most of my wardrobe is outdated - WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME? I mean COME ON - I've been thinking I'm the height of fashion all along, and now this?



Actually, in all seriousness, I did some ironing today, and I was truly shocked at the white pit stains in a few of my blue shirts. Now, let's be real clear - I've already ironed them, so they will get worn once. After that, however, all bets are off. Which reminds me - I have to figure out the washer/dryer this weekend. MUFFIN PUFFIN HAFFA HURRY TO SINGAPORE!!!!



Other than that, not a whole lot to report. I watched the movie "Elektra" last night, and UTTER DONKEY TRASH is WAAAAAY too high a compliment. However, it was free, and so I can't really complain. Maybe I should have watched it in Chinese - that could have only added to the experience.



Also, I finished "Thank You for Smoking" tonight - HILARIOUS!!!! Helen - GREAT choice. You are the smartest Merchant of Death I know. Seriously - it's a terrific read, and it sure looks good on a Kindle (CP - there was a little free advertising for you).



Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. It's time to complete unpacking and then settle down for the newest rental, which pretty much promises to be even worse than Elektra. Truth be told, if this is any indicator of the quality coming from Hollywood these days, I'm glad I haven't caught too many films lately. Chat tomorrow!



Love,


Sam and (hopefully finishing her drive on 521 and actually getting a chance to go into the office) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment