Thursday 13 January 2011

In case anyone's curious, there IS such a thing as too much dim sum...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. Day 6 at work, and so far every day's been better than the first. Fingers crossed that this trend will continue!

So Sammy the Bull learned a very, very valuable lesson today - when you are hungry but still have to work out, DO NOT GO TO THE HAWKER STALLS FOR FOOD. As I'm sure I mentioned, the hawker stalls are the outdoor food courts in the Sing where you can get GOOD food for CHEAP. Case in point, I ate there TWICE today (and had my usual Sugar Cane Juice, for the record - which I WILL take a photo of soon) - once for lunch and once for "a snack." And whilst the first did everything I needed it to, the second was, well, less than ideal.

Here was the scenario: it was 5 PM. I was starving. I knew I had another 2 hours in the office and 3 before the treadmill. And I needed something quick. What did I go for? FRIED DIM SUM, BABY. And not just ANY fried dim sum, I went with the extra special "we just fried these in 12 hour old grease and filled them with a yet to be determined green vegetable and also yet to be identified type of meat" variety. And whilst it was guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud (peppy cheekies - Terrier, that was for you...and Pauly Shore), 10 minutes later I felt like a BRICK was sitting in the middle of my gut. Seriously, it's now 10 PM, and I am STILL full from those 10 little soldiers.

Also, whilst I don't think it went straight to my dunlop, the large t-shirt at the gym was so snug I looked like Tom Price in his cycling gear during a criterium. I'm upgrading to the extra large tomorrow - otherwise I might rip through the damn thing if I sneeze or cough too hard.

Not a whole lot else to report from here, other than to say it's been a SUPER quick week. And best of all, MUFFIN WILL BE HERE IN JUST 10 SHORT DAYS!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

In gym news, Sammy broke 25 minutes in a 5K for the first time in a while, which was a good feeling. On second thought, maybe 10 pieces of dim sum should be my next pre-race meal. MattPa - any thoughts on that one?

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and (finally out of the frozen tundra that is Lancaster, SC) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment