Tuesday 31 May 2011

A farewell to the nomads and the return to exercise - almost...

Family,
And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. The Bull's alarm clock went off at 6:20 AM this morning, but the Bull (nor the Striker) managed to lug themselves out of bed. We instead went on the whole "well, we just did a road race, so it's better if we continue resting" premise, the result being another 90 minutes of sleep and my face already looking chubbier. But since I've just been accepted for the F1 Nature Trail Run in late June (1/2 marathon in the rain forest), I'm thinking I can't skip too many more workouts. So tomorrow, we're back in action!
We said farewell to Money and Dan this evening, as the perpetual nomads are now returning to their homeland for 24 hours before a week in France for a wedding and then 2 weeks back in the Mother Country. We chose the local Thai joint (where they speak ZERO English) for din din, and I killed some beef in oyster sauce (Muffin, of course, went for the Tom Yam - So GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD...peppy cheekies). And I am happy to report that we've returned to our AFD ways...but that Bailey's in the fridge sure looks tempting. Hitman - I've tried to train my liver properly in anticipation of your visit, but the reality is that I'm but a fraction of my former self (literally and figuratively). However, I will put up the good fight.
Other than that, not a whole lot else to report. It's 9:18 PM and I've already eaten, so I feel somewhat lost. Normally I would just be getting back from the gym, showering, and starting dinner, so I must find some way to fill the hours. Oh well, I'm sure there's a travel website or 2 which can keep me occupied. :-)
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,
Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment