Tuesday 8 December 2009

Announcing.....SAMANTHA LAYNE RICE!!!!!!

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT day in the Smoke. Actually, this is one of THE BEST days in a long time, as today we have a new addition to the family! That's right - today I found out that Samantha Layne Rice became the newest member of Vol nation, arriving at 8:15 PM last night, 7 December, and weighing in at 8 pounds and 7 ounces today. That means a) that a dream has officially come true and b) Jenny and I are now godparents. Yeah...be afraid - be very, very afraid...

And best of all - I GOT TO SEE HER ON SKYPE TODAY! She is gorgeous - I just can't believe it. Honestly, I was sitting here in shock looking at her. And in 23 days, Jenny and I will actually get to hold her! Guys...I love you. I have no words.

Continuing with the good news, my muffin puffin is finally back home!!!! I'm trying to convince her to write her next installment, "Jenny's Second Bliggy Blog," so we'll see how that goes. Since we've got family in town, it might be a day or two. However, fingers crossed.

Third, now that I've got a camera, I wanted to show you what you'd missed during the "life and times of a camera-less and bachelor Sam Taylor." First up - steel yourself for the new haircut!

Secondly, check out my new accessory - the cane (better known as Cano or, "Sammy's pimp stick"). In fact, Tom Price has actually copywrighted this photo as "Pimpin' ain't easy...especially with pit stains and a beer gut"). Personally, I'm planning to get a monicle and top hat and parade around as Mr. Planter's.

Also, a confession - I typed the blog before I'd finished Brisinger last night, so no one actually got to share in my agony. As I neared the last 50-60 pages, I started thinking - you know, we've got a LOT of unresolved plot lines here...I have a sinking feeling. And sure enough, I got to the end to find out that, due to the author's desire to "weave a more intricate story," he'd decided to add ANOTHER book to the trilogy, therefore calling it a "cycle." Honestly, I was IRATE. We'll see if I buy the fourth one. I'm actually thinking that I'll fly to Montana and beat the guy with a rubber hose instead.

However, Dean - the good news is that Matthew Reilly's got a new one coming out in January! That's right, baby - Jack West is BACK!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,
Sam and (home again, safe and sound) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment