Wednesday 2 December 2009

The calm before the storm...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT day in the Smoke. I am not gonna lie and tell you that this will be a super-entertaining blog, as the Taylors were BOOOOOORING tonight. However, as we knocked a lot of stuff off and got some much needed down time, I am not complaining.

The day didn't start out great. Whilst completing my morning ritual of ensuring everything was in the right pocket, I realized that I could make exact change for my coffee (always the vanilla latte at Costa - they WILL serve that in Heaven). Consequently, I took all the change out of my pocket, counted only what I needed, and walked out - a model of efficiency, I tell you.

Only when I'd walked the mile to the station and got to the turnstile did I realize that I was missing one vital component for the day: my Oyster card (the thing that lets me on the Tube). So I had two options - walk the mile back to get it, or pay the money for a one-day ticket. On one had, I had a busted foot, and I knew that two mile round trip was going to hurt. On the other hand, this lapse in memory would cost me 15 bucks. Given that evidence, I am betting it's no shock to ANYONE that I walked my grumpy ass all the way back to the flat, inventing expletives then entire way. Go ahead and say it, Hitman - CHEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAP BASTARD. But think about it - that would have been the equivalent of FIVE PINTS!!!

After work, I hit the gym, where I continued to embarass myself at the weight bench. Honestly, there's nothing more manly than walking into the gym filled with other sweaty dudes in Euro-trash t-shirts, lifting 6kg weights while the WORST techno-trash on earth pumps so loud your (5 year old) i-Pod can't blog the bass. But fret not - for soon, you'll all be treated to the guuuuuuuuuuuuun shoooooooooooooow!!! Or not.

Muffin Puffin's night was much more productive - pictures are now loaded, and the Christmas cards are ordered. Also, we got to chat with JT's folks - Bob - we're glad you're feeling better! Here's hoping you eat 14 pounds of turkey today to make up for it.

I promise that tomorrow we'll be a bit more fun. And then...wait for it...wait for it...FAMILY COMES!!!! My liver is starting to quake at the thought already - but hey, at least we made 3 AFD's in a row.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment