Saturday 5 December 2009

A family reunion, some great curry, and the amazing Tacy/Markham sisters give a rousing performance

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond on a sunny Saturday in the mother country. WOW, what a great night! So the family is now here safe and sound, and Friday was one for the books. Where to begin...

So the work day was great - it was a tough, but VERY successful week, and I'm really proud of where we're at. The day was made better for two reasons: 1) lunch at Nando's (thanks for the half chicken, Liz), and 2) pints at the Cat & Canary (after work, of course) with Lord, Owain, and Liz (nothing like drinking an ice cold Guinness outside in 40 degree weather as a nice, chilling wind rips through your jacket and mega-gay earmuffs.

So after a pair of pints, I made my way to the Pontefract Castle, where I met the family! Pontefract Castle is GREAT, and best of all - they have Timmy Taylor! It was SO GREAT to see the fam. Now, unfortunately, most of the evening's photos are on Kim's (Jenny's sister's) camera, and I don't have a compatible drive to load them. However, we do have this great photo of Sara (Jenny's cousin) and Kim from Pontefract:

After Pontefract, we rolled over to the Cock and Lion, where we tossed back a few Spitfires (in my Top 5 - So guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud) before then rolling over to the Ranjoot for the Markham's first dance with Indian cuisine!

As always, the Ranjoot delivered with GREAT curry, including a delicious Vindaloo. Props to Steve and Kim for both taking down the hot stuff.
We then rolled back home, where the party got going in earnest. Now's the time to come clean and tell you that, 2 minutes after arriving home, my world started spinning like a top, so I reverted to my time-tested survival method from college - run to the rest room, throw up, and then pass out (although props to Steve for trying to actually lift me out of the bed for a puke and rally).

The funny thing is that NO ONE else in the flat knew that I had gotten sick until this morning. Why, you ask? Because it was DANCE, DANCE REVOLUTION in my living room. Seriously - I have to find a way to upload at least one of these videos, because they are CLASSIC. Picture Kim singing into a Leffe bottle, Jenny twirling (and falling) against all furniture in the house (mercifully nothing broke), and Sara belting out the notes to "Always," while Steve mans the camera - PRICELESS. When "America's Got Talent" comes around next time, I know exactly who I'm nominating...

The rest of the gang went to bed at 2, and we popped up this morning around 10. Now the gang is almost done getting ready, which means I face the prospect of a shower colder than the ocean in Tierra del Fuego - BRING IT ON!!!!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny (and Kim, Steve, and Sara)

No comments:

Post a Comment