Monday 7 December 2009

The reappearance of Cano...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another great day in the smoke. First and foremost - the Rice's are at the hospital as I type this! I just chatted with Rice on Skype, and so far, so good. Granted, there's a ways to go before the new arrival, but we're close!

So last night was a DREADFUL night of sleep. That is what I get for watching too many horror movie trailers on Youtube. Between some really freaky "end of the world" foolishness and not having my muffin puffin beside me (to keep me safe, of course!), I ended up staying awake until 4 in the morning, which made for puffy eyes and serious bags this am. However, thanks to a cup of tea at 4 PM, I was able to rally.

And, for the third time in its existence, our dear friend Cano has appeared on the set. Cano is the name of the cane that we bought Jenny in 2007 when she broke her foot at Dover Castle. It carried her through Madrid, and later I used it during a bout of tendonitis. Now, as I realize I have no choice but to take the pressure off my foot, I have embraced him once again, this time as my silent companion on the mile walk to and from work, as well as the substitute for my left foot when I'm standing. Granted, it takes some getting used to a cane, and I'm still at the point that I try to just walk slower instead. That being said, it definitely came in handy today.

I worked out after work, which was a good thing, because tonight Sammy had his second straight pizza in a row from Sainsbury's. Oh yeah, baby - I know what healthy is!

Other than that, not a whole lot to report. I will say that I now think our housekeeper is an enchantress, as I simply cannot imagine how in the WORLD she got this place clean after this weekend's festivities with the fam. Full marks, Rocia!

Lastly, I finished "Brisingr" tonight, the last of the "Inheritance Cycle." If you've heard of the movie or book "Eragon," that was the first book in the series. And while it was worth taking the plunge, I am SO GLAD that it's over. The kid is incredibly talented, don't get me wrong - but he could have stood to trim about 300 pages off this last installment (which came in at a whopping 762 pages), which had WAY too many descriptive passages and unnecessary chapters. Think about J.K. Rowling gone wrong. All the same, I'm glad I've cut through 'em.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow, when my perfect pumpkin is back at home with husband bear!

Love,

Sam and (probably 4 bottles of red deep at this point) Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment