Wednesday 9 December 2009

Simply...WICKED...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after an AMAZING DAY in the Smoke. Another busy (but productive) day at work, but the fun really started at 7:15, when met the family for a viewing of my FAVORITE musical: Wicked.

I met the fam at 7:15 PM outside the theater, after I'd eaten the WORST chicken kabob (or, for Yazz, should I say...SHAWARMA!) ever. This thing was nothing but fat in a butter filled bun. And Tom, I'm pretty sure that's what you think I eat every night, but this was too much even by my standards (which are pretty low...).

Whether you've read the book or not, you simply MUST see the musical - it is absolutely STUNNING. And best of all, we had MONEY seats - they were perfect! Steve said it best: "Clearly Wednesday night in winter is the way to go." And Irina Derevko - if you are reading - I am happy to report that this Elphaba was STILL defying gravity (not as strong vocally, but I would argue that visually more stunning).

I will say that, during the second act, we had some royal donkeys who felt the need to talk to each other the entire time. After I politely told them to shut the @#$# up, they finally settled down, but I can confirm that visions of kerosene danced through my head for a brief moment.

After the show, we rolled over to the Duke of York (Brisson - that's for you), where we had a couple of pints (Staropramen and John Smith for me). As always, very tasty!

Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't show you this photo from Brother John. Check out Samatha at 2 days old! How cute is our goddaughter?!?!?!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,
Sam and Jenny

1 comment:

  1. That's great to hear Sam. That's the next show Julie and I are hoping to hit at the Durham theater. Though I think the Durham version has the witch gunned down in a drive-by versus squished by a house...

    ReplyDelete