Thursday 4 February 2010

And now Sammy returns the favor in the form of Rum Cask Ale...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. I pulled another 2-a-day! Truth be told, both of them felt really, really good. I did my usual "try not to kill yourself while you listen to Lady Gaga" routine in the morning with the weights, and then tonight I did 25 minutes on the bike. Three things were encouraging today:

1. I was able to go a little harder and a little faster on the bike.

2. When it was done, I stepped off and stretched and had ZERO pain through it all.

3. I can almost see the tops of my cheek bones again, and my pants now only require a little "sucking in" to fit.

How am I celebrating all this? By falling off the wagon again with a) an Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Ale (Price - I wish I could bring you one of these back - they are AMAZING) and b) a bottle of the cheapest wine from the cheapest supermarket in the UK (that's right, Ray - Valpolicella - pronounced in a way that makes Italians everywhere scream in agony).

Muffin got a swim in tonight, and we are just 8 minutes away from eating monstrous salads (I had one for lunch as well!) whilst talking to AC & Jeebs, both of whom we'll see in less than 2 months. Exciting!

It has been a blisteringly fast week - can't believe that the weekend is almost here!

And mom - ignore all this Toyota news - Katie is still the GREATEST CAR IN THE HISTORY OF AUTO MANUFACTURING. Just make sure Steve knows how to pull the parking brake on the interstate...

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment