Tuesday 23 February 2010

Nothin' like some "Chinese frilly prawn balls" to make your life complete...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Let me tell you (and I know I speak for Andy McGuire when I say this) - there is NOTHING (and I do mean NOTHING) more exciting than spending your evening (meaning 5-7 PM local time) working through a cutover task list. TALK ABOUT EXCITEMENT!!! Who needs to meet the Dahli Lama to receive higher consciousness - I have data conversion activities to show me the light...

So it was another GREAT day in the Smoke (and I mean smoke, as it's been nothing but rain and fog for the last two days - honestly, I don't know how folks do it year over year). The last two days have been part of a "mini" Integration session with some folks from work, and it's been very productive so far.

Last night, with my culinary and gastronomic reputation at stake, I lead a small contingent up 9 stops on the Julilee Line to Baker Street, where I introduced them to the GREATEST curry house in the UK - The Rajdoot, baby!!!! Oh, yeah! Fizzy - Kare Kare is definitely #2, as I think it has surpassed Spices. However, the "Doot" remains the king.

The meal was great, but more frightening is the fact that Vindaloo is no longer "hot" to me. That's right, boys and girls - Taylor is going for a Phall next time. If you never hear from me again, it's been a hell of a ride.

It should also be noted that we started the evening at (where else) the Cat & Canary. Honestly, that made 4 straight work nights that I'd frequented the Wharf's finest pub, and I'm glad I didn't end up there tonight.

I was up at 6:15 AM both mornings to work out, logging 57 and 45 minutes on the bike each of the last 2 mornings. Here's hoping tomorrow can be a repeat. I'm back in the boot, as the foot is quite tender at the moment, but so far I'm cycling without pain.

Dinner tonight was GREAT. We hit up "Royal China" in the Wharf, and it did NOT disappoint. I mean, hey, when you get a) crispy duck and b) frilly prawn balls for dinner, how can life be bad? Now if they'd just had the chilled monkey brains...

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment