Saturday, 6 February 2010

Ladies and gentlemen...I present to you the pride of Down Under- Mr. Dean Jones!!!


And a GREAT morning to you on a (nearly) sunny Saturday morning in the Mother Country. What a GREAT start to the weekend! For starters, HOW 'BOUT THEM HORNETS!!!!! I feel as a matter of course that we must first congratulate Sammie Taylor, III for win BOTH the boys and girls Hamblen County Championships. The Lady Hornets knocked off the Manley Lady Eagles for the 4th time this season, finishing at an unblemished 19-0. The boys, coming in at 15-3 (all three losses to Alpha), pulled off one of the biggest upsets in county championship history, shocking the Alpha Bulldogs 30-28 in an OT classic that will go down in the books. Dad - I cannot tell you how HAPPY I was to get that email - WAY TO GO!!!! So proud of you - that's just AMAZING! It definitely brought on a stroll down memory lane.

The work day on Friday was AWESOME - a SERIOUSLY good day. And whilst I didn't make it to the Cat & Canary for drinks with Brother Morgan and Mr. Ray, I did get home to have a glass of wine (4 buck chuck this time - yep, we're HIGH rollers) before heading to Leicester Square for a LONG OVERDUE reunion.

We rolled into the Bear and Staff, where I managed to get the last Timmy Taylor before the cask went off (CLOSE ONE). And after a scant 15 minutes of sipping (aka killing that pint), who walks in the door, fresh off the plan from Sydney via Milan, Munich, and Frankfurt? That's right, ladies and gentlemen - after a nearly 4 year hiatus - we were reunited with Dean!

So back story for those not in the loop - Jenny met Dean (and his girlfriend now wife Dom - we miss you Dommie!) when she was in Sydney in 2001, and they became fast friends. She flew down to their wedding in 2004, and they flew up for our wedding (and read in our wedding - the accent was a smashing success) in 2006. If you've met them, you know how great they are. If you haven't met them, suffice it to say they are two of the most wonderful folks you'll ever meet.

So we had a pint at the Bear and Staff (Kipling on the next round), but it was a) getting late and b) loud as HELL - what happened to my quiet local. As the clock crept toward 11, we grabbed a curry at some joint called "The Spice Bazaar." I went with "Garlic Chili Chicken - very hot, and they did NOT get my stamp of approval. That being said, the night was AMAZING - SO GREAT catching up with Dean and just relaxing after another busy week.

The walk home was uneventful, save that I wiped out again when my boot slipped on some water - I've been lucky both times that's happened - here's hoping there WON'T be a third.
We sacked out around 1 AM, and we popped up around 10:30 this morning. Okay, so "popped up" is not exactly right, as the snooze button was "leveraged" once or twice...all the same, it's time for a pasty and then off to Covent Garden for a proper pub crawl with Brother Dean!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Dad - congrats again!!!! Chat tomorrow!


Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment