Tuesday 16 March 2010

Another day closer to running...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. I logged another hour on the bike today! Honestly, my foot really feels good. Whilst it's still slightly tender when I walk on the outsides of my foot (and definitely not 100%), I am riding for an hour with no pain, burning 400+ calories in the morning, and starting to feel like I'm (FINALLY) getting back in shape. A week from tomorrow is the return to the treadmill stay tuned for the cliff-hanger.

Today was another GREAT day in the office. I started a new book (Race to the Pole), which so far has NOT disappointed. I realized that I haven't given my final reviews for "It's Not About the Bike and "Outlaw," the two books I've finished in the past week. Armstrong's book was AMAZING; not only was it well written, but that guy is INTENSE. I would agree with the critic who said "Armstrong's story is the stuff of legends" - very well described.

"Outlaw" was good - not great. The sequel, "Crusader," comes out later this year, but I don't expect to pick it up. Instead, I'll continue plowing through the sizeable collection of unread novels in the drawers here, hoping to be through them prior to repatriation. Dean - fret not, both "Child 44" and "Five Greatest Warriors" are VERY high on the pecking order - I just have to punish myself through a couple of long holdovers from my Charlotte days before "rewarding" myself with death, explosions, and mayhem.

I caught a quick pint at the C & C with Owain tonight (Honeydew of course - FRESH CASK!). After a day of discussing proper ales, manly glasses, and the merits of a gentleman named Selwyn, it was, simply put, a must. Price - I realize that was a lot - I hope you've recovered.

On a related note, let's just say I have a new stage name. From here on out, I would like to be referred to as "Tactical Nuclear Penguin." If anyone is curious as to WHAT THE HELL I'm talking about, just visit the web site of a Scottish Brewery called "Brew Dog." Some folks may want to "Sink the Bismark," but that's a bit heavy for me. And remember - some beers are to be consumed only in spirit-sized measures. You can also google "Beer dog - Sink the Bismark" to see the latest headline (I couldn't paste the link in due to a browser hitch).

JT just walked in the door, fresh off 45 minutes in the pool. She's making that LA Fitness membership count. Incidentally, it should be noted that LA Fitness has exonerated themselves from my previous badmouthing, as they credited Jenny a month for "inconveniences incurred" from her run-in with the desk clerk. Her other gym hasn't provided as "accommodating," but so far I'm an LA Fitness fan.

It's now time to make some salad and see if I can con Jenny into some wine. Since the AFD has gone by the wayside, I might as well try and corrupt everyone in my path.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment