Friday 12 March 2010

A great start to the weekend (shocking, I know)...

Family,


And a good evening to you from across the Pond after a GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. It's the weekend! And as I sit here, with Lady Gaga blasting on i-Tunes and muffin sucking down roasted red pepper hummous (just slurping it up because, well, we're too lazy to go get the crackers from the pantry), I realize that LIFE IS GOOD.


Today was another GREAT day at work, and JT and I sauntered down to the Music Factory for pints of Honeydew after work (Cyborg - two things: 1) it's a GREAT beer, and 2) you're a sissy for not jumping in the river. We had 470 quid - that's all I'm sayin'...). The place was heaving, but Muffin Puffin (in her infinite wisdom) found us a seat for our second pint.


Dinner tonight was a GREAT 50% off meal at La Tasca - viva Espana, baby! We took down ham, croquettes, lamb, beef...well, let's just say that the photo says it all. Talk about a GREAT night! We've had 3 SOLID days on the town, but luckily I got some exercise in today (45 on the bike).


The best part? It's only 10:30, and we're heading for bed. I am SO looking forward to sleep (last night was a rough one due to my new cough - I fell asleep some time between 3-4 AM), and considering that we have NOTHING but six nations tomorrow, it should be a GREAT day!


BTW - Bill Gates - I have offically decided that your Windows Vista package BLOWS CHOAD. I was downloading an album on i-Tunes (Gin Blossoms greatest hits in case anyone's curious - yes, yes, I am gay...), and the computer decided to restart for upgrades in the middle of the download. The result is that I got just over half the album and had to buy a few songs again. Yes, I realize it was the difference in about $2, but seriously - I could fire bomb your house in Redmond right about now. On happier note, IT'S THE WEEKEND!


Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!


Love,


Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment