Tuesday 23 March 2010

Presenting...NEW HAIRCUT JENNY!!!!!

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. I woke up today fresh off 9 - that's right, count 'em: NINE - hours of sleep. Wow, who knew how nice it was to wake up refreshed after a good night's sleep. Well, other than the weekends, of course...details.

So today I logged 75 minutes on the bike again, and tomorrow (dare I hope to dream) is D-DAY. That's right - after a five month absence from the treadmill, Taylor attempts to slay the dragon tomorrow. The goal is 5 minutes or 1 km, whichever comes first. Stay tuned. If the blog tomorrow comes from wife muffin, then you know I had more pain than I was expecting and am sitting in the waiting room of some Harley Street minute clinic.

The work day was good - very busy but very productive. However, let me just tell you what is NOT easy - BOOKING A BOWLING ALLEY IN THIS COUNTRY. Back story: stemming from a joke last week about team bowling, I suggested with get together, find an alley that served beer, and then get hammered whilst sending 14 pound projectiles down a greased lane toward snake-bashin' clubs (not the Beverly Hillbillies reference there). Everyone liked the idea, and the Hitman even convinced his wife it was a good idea on her birthday. However, today, after calling about 14,000 places, you realize that bowling leagues and bowling parties are apparently THE THING TO DO IN THIS BLASTED CITY ON A THURSDAY NIGHT. I managed to find a place in the ghetto, and it is cheap to boot (plus for me). However, since we'll need to wear kevlar to ensure we don't get stabbed, I plan to do a bit more research tomorrow. Hey, I've still got 48 hours - don't give up on me yet...
Not a whole lot else to report this evening, except for the photo of the night. Ladies and gentlemen, fresh off two glasses of wine and an hour with a junior stylist, I present: New Haircut Jenny!!!! Seriously - how HOT is my muffin puffin?

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

1 comment: