Monday 8 March 2010

Those deceptive British blue skies...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Not a whole heck of a lot to report tonight, but I fear the wrath of Tom Price too much to skip a day.

So this weekend I realized just how deceptive the British March is. Sure, sure - the photos look AMAZING. Blue skies, puffy clouds, people sitting at outdoor cafes...DON'T BE FOOLED. Whilst it might look like Charlotte, it is COLD AS BALLS here. Seriously, last night I risked the foot injury to hustle home, as it felt like Ottawa all over again. Simply put, I have GOT to have some heat soon. I'm thinking it's time to sneak into Havana or something - I'm getting desperate.

I tallied 45 minutes on the bike this morning and started a new book - "Outlaw" by Angus Donald, a twist on the Robin Hood story. 60 pages in, I'm quite enjoying it. That, however, is just my Tube and workout book, as I'm spending my evenings working through "It's Not About the Bike." I'm just over halfway through that one now, and it's been FANTASTIC so far. That guy is TOUGH AS NAILS.

As I type this, JT is walking out the door to go for a run. That means husband bear (with visions of an AFD dancing in his head) will put in some laundry (and use the new FOUR BILLION DOLLAR CLOTHES LINE), cook up some curry soup, and search for hotels in Italy. What he will NOT do, however, is finish his taxes, because he is a MORON and forgot to send himself his username. Oh well, that's what extensions are for.

Short tonight, but that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment