Tuesday 3 August 2010

A nice rebound...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. That's right - we're BACK, BABY!!! No drama today, so I am all smiles. In fact it was good for many reasons, including the fact that I managed to log 4 miles and a bit on the road (no negative split today - I could tell I was tired) and lift weights (Ahnald! Ahnald! - Dinger - that was for you). I love the route that I've currently got by the river (the 10K takes you all the way from Canary Wharf to the Tower Bridge), but I think the stone and the brick is starting to hurt my foot again. Consequently, I'll need to be very selective on when to run outside vs. on the treadmill or in the park (all grass so it's less impact). There's no pain yet, but I can feel a slight tenderness. Oh well, tomorrow's just the bike, the stepper, and the Versa climber (K-2 style), so hopefully that will give it some time to heal.

The work day was good. I was on calls all day, which normally isn't a problem except for the fact that OUR OFFICE IS CURRENTLY A CONSTRUCTION ZONE. Seriously - It was like being inside a ship that's being repaired in dry dock. Pictures groups of 5 guys who could stand ANYWHERE in the office standing over my cube whilst I'm talking. And when they unplug stuff and move furniture, well...it's not really how I picture or remember unplugging stuff or moving furniture. It's more what I think of when I picture THE VANDALS SACKING ROME OR ATTILA THE HUN CONQUERING ASIA. Yeah, that's a pretty apt description. Oh well, only TWO WEEKS of construction to go...

Heard a new GREAT worst song ever in the gym today. I'm assuming the title is "This is my flow" because here are the words:

"This iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis my floooooooooooooooooooooooooow...."

(music)

"This IS my floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow..."

(more music)

"This is MY floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow..."

(a little more music)

"THIS is my floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow..."

(a lot more music)

Rinse - Repeat

FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY - HOW DO I GET ONE OF THESE RECORDING CONTRACTS? I HAVE A FLOW, TOO, DAMN IT!

But I digress - it's now pushing 9 PM and I'm about to start making salads (and slicing cheese, of course!) for Muffin Puffin and I (she's grinding out laps as I type this). It will be an AFD and an EARLY night for team Taylor, as we're both exhausted.

And lastly - WELCOME TO VA - our newest follower!!! Some of you will remember Virgina from last November's posts when she came for a visit. She's now in J-school at NorthWestern (GO WILDCATS), and from what I hear she's lovin' it - good stuff.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment