Wednesday 4 August 2010

"Trah uh Bayrun" - cause it's SO GUUUUUUUUUUD...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Today, ladies and gentlemen, Samuel Kyle Taylor, IV (Esquire) had a RELIGIOUS experience. Today I had a transendental moment so pure that I almost wept as its energy coursed through my veins. Today, my dear friends - Sammy tried a Byron Burger.

So back story here - the Mad Peruvian (and old buddy of mine) touted this place as THE BEST burger in he UK. Coming into today, Frankie's held that title. Hitman - you might have traded us for Singapore too soon (but, as Miller would say - "The Sing is clean").

We rocked up to this place just before 12, and we got a seat upstairs, which required climbing a SPIRAL STAIRCASE - quality. This place was really, really neat, with a "Warehouse meets 501 Diner" kind of feel. But I knew we were in good shape when, on the drink menu I saw...wait for it...wait for it...A & W ROOT BEER!!! I mean, when's the last time you had that overseas!!! Barq's - eat your heart out. Incidentally, they also had Coors Light, but not even I wanted to be THAT American...

The highlight, however, was the food. There were plenty of sides (including skin-on fries), but I opted for that which sounded like the nectar of the gods - Mac 'n Cheese. Seriously - THIS COULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST EVER. EEEEEEEVER. It was COVERED in cheese, piping hot, and SO GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD. But if that was good, the burger was eeeeeeeeven better.

I opted for the Byron burger, which came with smoked bacon (US style), mature cheddar (they had lots of other options for cheese - including BLEU!), and Byron Sauce. The best part - they will cook it RARE if you want it. Actually, they'll cook it rare even if you don't want it that way - just ask Owain (don't worry - they made him a new one). I went with medium rare - SO DELISH!!!!!!! And yes - UBER peppy cheekies.

Consequently I hit the gym like a rabid banshee today, logging 46 minutes on the bike (27.25 km) and then another five on that bloody Versaclimber before doing some abs. I feel that I can confidently say a) I will NEVER be a technical climber and b) I am content being fat, because abs are TERRIBLE. Oh well, that's why they put elastic in trousers...and Speedos. Just ask the Hairless Wonder.

I left the offce to CRAZY weather, but it had abated by the time I arrived at Bond Street. Consequently, what was I treated to? A RAINBOW!!! Honestly, these puppies are hard to come by in London, because VERY rarely do you get rain and then the instant sun needed to shine. And just as I was standing there, getting all pensive and watching it, a SECOND rainbow appeared (very fainted but it was definitely there). Instantly I thought of that CRAZY ASS DUDE from youtube that video taped the double rainbow, and all I could think to myself was: "IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! IT'S TOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! (insert a full minute of grown man crying, and YES - the tape is stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill rolling...). Note to all readers - if you have NO idea what I'm talking about, look up Yosemite Double Rainbow on youtube. Dinger - I'm SURE you've already seen it.
Now I'm back at the flat, waiting for Muffin Puffin to get home so we can have din din together. She's grinding out laps and burning off some stress after a ROUGH week in the world of Finance. But the good news is that the Taylors only have one more day of work this week! YAY!!!!!

Oh, and I TOTALLY almost forgot to mention THE MOST important information I've learned in the last 24 hours (courtesy of Virginia Brown - the newest follower). T-bone, I have a place that we HAVE to check out next time I'm in Denver (the sunshine state). In truth, I can't believe that my parents never told me I had a twin or that they gave him the same name! Just check out: http://www.samtaylorsbbq.com/about.htm. Can't you see the immediate family resemblance?
Lastly, I just realized that we're at 15 followers now! Stacey - welcome to the family! I'm loving this!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

2 comments:

  1. And Denver Sam Taylor's wife's name is Jennifer! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old School Cool7 August 2010 at 21:38

    OMG...DOUBLE RAINBOWS?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete