Thursday 12 August 2010

Since VA gave me a complex, I just went to get fat...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Okay, so first off - ANNOUNCEMENT: there will be NO BLOG until Monday. Why, you ask? Because the Taylors are taking off this weekend to...wait for it...wait for it...The Isle of Wight! (Insert EVERY American reading this saying "Where the hell is the Isle of Wight?" - don't worry - until last year, we didn't know either).

So today was a great day - very productive at work (at this point, Hitman probably just thinks I'm managing expectations - EXCEEDS, EXCEEDS, BABY!!!), and I got a light workout in (30 min on the bike and weights). I feel I should comment that, whilst riding the bike, I got truly exhausted. This caused a moral dilemma, as I'm currently reading a book about Navy SEAL training, andI know that those jokers would NOT have wound the dial back down. However, I am NOT the toughest man on earth, and I finished the last 6 minutes on an easy gear (Price - is this where I should introduce "Be a Tool" as my new motto?).

I found all this acceptable until I came home tonight and VA (whom I THOUGHT was a loyal follower) had posted a comment from last night's blog. You all can check it, but VA basically told me I was weak as Tap Water. Oh, my fragile ego...

How did I cope? I did what any White Goodman would have done - EAT INDIAN AT THE DOOT, BABY!!! And we're not talking just curry - we're talking multiple pints, a starter, and a GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD main (Lamb Tikka Pathia, BABY!!!). Puffin went for a creamy dish, and it was simpl delish! VA - when I am on "The Biggest Loser," I'm going to blame you...just sayin'.. :-)

We're now back at the flat, where I'm working on the last American beer in my fridge (Abita Restoration Pale Ale, courtesy of Brother Bruce Townsend). And honestly, just because I think it's a neat feature on Google, let me say the name "JOHN OGAS." Brother John, hope you're doing well - inside of a year until Vegas!

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat Monday! Have a great weekend!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment