Monday 9 August 2010

This is honestly how those cats from "Lost in Space" must have felt...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond after another GREAT DAY in the Mother Country. Well, at least I think it was a great day, but I was in a bloody fog for the start of it. For starters, I HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING LAST NIGHT. HOW ON EARTH IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!? Muffin Puffin, of course, did not. In fact, she made "the noise" about 35 seconds after her head hitting the pillow. I mean, could she be any cuter? I just hope the kids take after her (no Jan and Alice - that was NOT a hint - knock on wood).

So today I left the flat only to realize that I'd left my wedding band beside the shower. I calmly went back upstairs, nodding to the receptionist as I passed, collected the ring, and exited the building. Ten steps away from the building, I realized that I had ALSO forgotten my word ID. I then turned around, said quite a few words you wouldn't normally hear during a Sunday sermon, nodded less politely to the receptionist, and stormed back up to collect my badge. On the way back down, he simply said, "And just think - it's only Monday." Good times..

That being said the work day was good. I finally had a salad, and my body was so excited to see vitamins and minerals again that I perked up in the afternoon. I then got 45 minutes in on the bike (26 km) before showering at the gym, hitting the grocery store, and coming home.

Tonight was an AFD (THANK GOODNESS), a tasty (and smaller) salad, and all the fruit I could consume strawberries and mangoes). I am hoping that, after this day off, light workout, and overdose of fruit, I might get back to normal tomorrow. Regardless, I have learned that Sammy is NOT the man of yesteryear. WOW...

But on a lighter note - check out our god-daughter playing peekabo. Hey - at least she knows to go to places that Rice would NEVER think to look...someone call Social Services! Just kidding, brother - that shot is a CLASSIC.

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

(A recuperating) Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment