Wednesday 18 August 2010

Sammy's finest hour - vomiting on the Tube...

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the Pond. I have no lie to tell - it's late and I'm hurtin', but I'm dedicated to my readership and, well, quite frankly, this is my penance.

So today was a great day at work, with a good workout as well (26km in 46 minutes). I also started "The Junior Officer's Reading Club", which I'm quite enjoying so far (but will definitely be my last war book for awhile).

The festivities began AFTER work about 6 PM, when I met Lord, a colleague of his named Rachel, Brother John, and the Welshman for brews at the Music Factory. The first 2 or 3 went down easy, and then Lord left to catch his train. With Owain and Rachel departing shortly thereafter (she'd just arrived this morning), John looked at me and said, "Do you want one more?" Well, the answer was YES - FOUR MORE TIMES.

All was fine (at least I thought) until I got on that Tube. It went something like this:

"The next stop is - Canada Water. Change for London Overground." (Sammy feels kind of weird)

"The next stop is - Bermondsey." (Sammy thinks this feels a lot like Rosenheim - only hotter)

"The next stop is - London Bri..." (Sammy burps...and it's more than a burp)

Dude across from me: "WHOA." (Sammy promptly gets off at the next station)

So I start walking the FOUR MILES home, and I call Jenny along the way and say, "Don't worry - I'll be home before 11." Her response: "Um, it's already 11:15." Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

So bottom line - Grolsch, Honeydew, no food, and a sweaty Jubilee Line is NOT the solution to all of life's problems.

That being said, I had a great night chatting with John, and I have no regrets. It really was a blast, man - let's just add some food next time!

And the best part? I alread know that the workout tomorrow is really, REALLY gonna suck...

Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Mom and Dad - I'm really an okay kid! Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment