Thursday 7 April 2011

A discovery for the ages - $2 BOXES OF SUSHI, BABY!!!!

Family, And a good evening to you from across the Globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. Okay, so a few things first: 1. MAD PROPS to the Hairless Wonder, as last weekend he made the jump from Cat 4 to Cat 3 cycling. For the record - I still maintain he's only 1 year away from Cat 2. I mean, come one - with legs that trim and fresh supplies of Gillette Fusion blades to keep those pesky legs hairs away (since they make SUCH A DIFFERENCE in speed), that guy is Vuelta materail. Seriously - Full marks, T-Rowe. 2. I know I'm late, but CONGRATS TO TEAM BROTHERNIDES ON THE NEW EDITION!!!! SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!! 3. Even later, but CONGRATS TO TO KNOCKOUT on the delivery of Lenke and Sandor! TOO CUTE! 4. Just as late - CONGRATS, VA, ON THE BIG INTERNSHIP IN THE SMOKE! You simply HAVE TO MEET my peeps. Yazz - VA is a fan of "sweet, sweet" wine, so I think you'll hit it off just fine... 5. And I simply must highlight the taunting comment from the Wild Card on last night's blog. True, I do not have the followership of Brother Dan. True, I have not changed lives with my prose like he has over the past 6 months. But last night Deets swings below the belt and drops: "Congrats, Sammy - #23 - one more follower on the Blog." You can't fool me, blogging nemesis - I know that was just salt in the wound. I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE!!!! Actually - juuuuuuuust kidding, and thanks for pointing it out! I hadn't noticed! So today was a good day at work, but I was a bit concerned because I could feel a slight pain where the stress fracture was last year. However, I ran a 5K tonight in 23:30 and felt no pain, so all in all I'm still feeling good. I will probably be lazy tomorrow, and then Saturday and Sunday I'll be back in the groove. After all, we're in the wheelhouse now, and staying healthy is as important as continuing to train. Paula - I thought you might like to know that, after I ordered my sandwich at Subway today, the guy beside me turned to me and asked, "You sound American. Are you from Wisconsin?" THAT'S RIGHT, BABY! He couldn't tell our accents apart. And the funniest thing? HE WAS FROM ONTARIO. Seriously - Carly, you need to smack around some of your people. I'm not saying I could differentiate the Alberta accent (Megs style) from Ontario (Muise style), but COME ON - hook a brutha up. As for din din, I must give MAD PROPS to Big D and Money, as they discovered this AMAZING deal in the Japanese Supermarket next door (let's keep any inappropriate comments to a minimum, shall we). Long story short, you can buy a BOATLOAD OF SUSHI (seriously - we're talking 20 pieces of maki) for $2.50!!!! YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT ANYWHERE. Consequently, I've eaten enough raw (and hopefully safe) tuna in the last week to feed the Persian army before they were decimated by the Spartans. And mum - before you panic - I'm just kidding about the fish. It's caught locally (we checked), so it's totally safe. :-) In other news, Jenny the Striker was AN ANIMAL booking flights, and we've now got...wait for it...wait for it...CHANG MAI on the docket in October!!!! YEAH, BABY!!!! True, I still need to ask for the days off, but details. Hitman - think of this as the next stage of the evolution - booking holiday without approval. You knew it was only a matter of time. And seriously - NICE RIDE. Okay lah, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomrorow! Love, Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment