Thursday 16 June 2011

The calm before the storm (translation - no pineapples in sight)...

Family,
And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. Okay, so first off - ANNOUNCEMENT: there will be NO BLOG until Tuesday, 21 June. Why, you ask? Because Team Taylor is bouncing off the island again, this time headin' back to BALI, BABY!!!! Bring on the Bintang and the monkey forest! We're hitting Ubud (up in the mountains and along the rice terraces) this time, and we can't WAIT.
So today was an excellent day in the office, as the Bull rolled through about a billion to-do's. Honestly, I've felt really productive this week (must be all the Vitamin Water), and it's good to see a lot of long-standing to-do's come off the list. Martin, fret not - the ship will be in good hands whilst you're watching the gladiators of the grass court. I did NOT make the gym, on the pretense that a) my legs were tired, b) I would work out in the morning (not looking so good now...), and c) I REALLY needed a G & T. Grimshaw - you would be so proud of this transformation. Now granted, I don't share your love for Gordon's, but hey - baby steps, right?
Dinner was pretty simple, as we made the usual run back to the Japanese super market for some $2 discounted sushi that was SO GUUUUUUUUD...peppy cheekies. 2 hours later I still feel fat as a damn bear, but hey - no complaints. It should be noted that, every time I buy sushi (so about 6 tmes a week), I always ask myself: "Do we need wasabi? (Steve-O style)" Well, I always assume the answer is yes, so I buy a tub of it to go along with the 4 packets of sushi we eat. But then I open the sushi and suddenly remember 2 things (Dave Matthews style): 1. there is wasabi contained in EVERY pack. 2. We never get around to EATING the sushi in the packs, which means we now have about 57 pounds of wasabi in the fridge (which doesn't have much of a shelf life, which means we've got a veritable petry dish in there. Ah, it's just like my old shower on Fairbluff...good times...
And since I won't be around on Sunday, let me say a great big HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the man, the myth, the legend - Sammie III. I LOVE YOU, DAD! You're the best father a kid could ever hope for, especially a little stool master like me.
And yes, I realize that this has been a profoundly boring blog post from the Bull. However, despite having nothing meaningful, profound, or even interesting to say, I wanted to at least let peeps know that I'll be out of pocket for the next 3 days (4 if you're stateside, as you won't hear from me Friday either) AND say a big Happy Father's Day to Pappa Bear. And think of it this way - at least you didn't hear about any workouts or Doritos consumption (although I did take down a packet at lunch and some more this evening - "Taco" flavor is weak like Ukraine).
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Fret not - I expect plenty a good story to come out of our long weekend in Indonesia!
Love,
Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment