Wednesday 29 June 2011

Startin' to come together, Pepper, startin' to come together!

Family,

And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. The Bull acheived a personal goal tonight, as for the first time since moving to the Equator he FINALLY cracked 40 minutes for 5 miles (39:16 Dinger - I'm comin' for you...). It felt great, and I had plenty of gas left at the end. All in all, I'm feeling really good about my cardio, but there is no denying it - MY BELLY LOOKS HUGE. Seriously, there is PLENTY of jam in my jelly roll at the moment. I mean, it's not like I'm eating half a block of cheese and a bag of Doritos every night at 10 PM...oh, wait...But in all honestly, I do feel like I've acclimated (FINALLY!), and I'm hoping that I can keep shaving seconds of longer and longer runs in prep for the Sydney half. I'm really going to a solid time there, so knock on wood that I can stay healthy (including the hike up Mount Kinabalu).

In other news, the work week has continued at a torrid pace. That being said, Muffin Puffin and I did get out to Sake Sushi today for lunch, which is great because it felt like the first time I'd seen her in about 2 weeks! As I've said before, the work hours are so crazy out here that you don't get a lot of time in the evening, so lunch has become very important to us. However, given how crazy work's been lately (especially for her - but don't worry, Wild Card - I'm bustin' my ass as well...), we've barely seen each other. She was actually so exhausted after the diving weekend (which she will blog about, for the record, and she's got one of the best stories EVER - it will make the Top 10 Blog Highlights of our time abroad) that she snored for a solid TEN HOURS the other night. I must confess that she's the cutest thing ever when she's snoring, but it's rare that I get to see it.

Tonight and tomorrow are the final calms before the storm, as July is going to be a CRAZY month for Team Taylor. But as we always say - gotta make it count!

Oh, and for Dad, who no doubt just saw the headline about my employer - "No, dad. They aren't going to fire me." This week, anyway... :-)

Other than that, not a whole lot else to report other than the fact that Peppermint Cadbury chocolate from the Philippines is GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD. Okay, I'm really done now.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!

Love,

Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment