Tuesday 28 June 2011

A quiet night back at the palace with Phase 10 and Jamie Oliver...

Family,
And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. The Bull rolled another 50 minutes on the bike tonight, logging 24 KM. Rev - whilst I'm not certain, I'm pretty sure that I've FINALLY managed to make it to John O'Groats. Hey - better late than never, right? Muffin Puffin logged a 5K (at an incline, no less!) - she is really to CONQUER KK in August!
So today was a long but super-productive one in the office. We're a bit short-staffed at the moment with the Singapore school holidays wrapping up, and so that's paved the way for a few longer evenings as of late. That being said, I'm really pleased with everything that we've managed to cross off the list, so knock on wood that it continues.
This evening was filled with Phase 10 (Yazz - you HAVE to find a deck of this and bring it with you to Sing Sing - otherwise you KNOW what will happen to you...and Memphis...just sayin'...), some wine for everyone but the Bull (2 AFD's in a row for this guy!), and now we're all sitting around watching Jamie Oliver's "Ministry of Food." If you have never seen this show (on TLC) - WOW - it is HORRIFICALLY TRAGIC AND DEPRESSING. I just have no words. But good on ya, Jamie - keep up the good fight.
My highlight of the day (what does this say for how exciting a life I lead)? Standing in the line at Subway, dreaming of my footlong meatball sandwich, I am startled when the "sandwich artist" asked me what I wanted. My response: "Football, please." Yes - I've decided, in true Singlish fashion, to just start skipping syllables and combining words. It's quicker, and I can always finish with "lah" if I think I haven't said enough. It should be noted that I found this whole episode ridiculously funny. It should also be noted that NO ONE else did (as I'm sure neither does the readership).
Yes, yes, Shogun, I know - this isn't even pineapple style. See what happens when I don't have a pub on every corner?
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,
Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment