Tuesday 14 June 2011

I love you...you're perfect...NOW CHANGE!

Family,
And a good evening to you from across the globe after another GREAT DAY in the Lion City. Team Taylor took a rest from exercise tonight, but they did log their 3rd straight AFD. Honestly, this is becoming a regular thing...and it's creeping me out.
Today was a GREAT one at work, as the Bull rattled through about 600 to-do's. Now granted, there are a few new additions to the "kerosene" list after their antics in the past few days, but hey - as the only building material around these parts is concrete and steel, they should feel reasonably safe.
Lunch was a true winner - Sakae Sushi. This place, RIGHT BEHIND KFC in Harbourfront, was AWESOME AND SO CHEAP. Jackie - why didn't you find this place vs. Sushi Tei? You could have saved me a million dollars!!!!!
The evening activity took place at The National Library Building, where Muffin Puffin and I went to see the musical "I Love You, You're Perfect - Now Change!" We actually saw this in Charlotte many moons ago, and truth be told we'd forgotten most of the scenes (and ALL of the music) - all we remembered was that we enjoyed it. And I must say - we THOROUGHLY enjoyed it once again.
The show (with a cast of 4 in multiple outfits and lots of different roles) follows the life cycle of a relationship - first date, getting serious, commitment issues, marriage, kids, empty nest, divorce or a long marriage, ending with how do you cope after one of you is gone. It was absolutely HILARIOUS in places, truly tender in others. And whilst I don't remember much of the show from the first time I saw it, I did remember some of the emotions that I felt watching it. Those feelings were present in this one as well, and certainly deeper toward the end as I think Jenny and I can relate so much better to it 5 years into our married lives together.
Dinner tonight was a late one (11 PM start), but no complaints - as that poor bag of Doritos that I started last night was feeling unloved, so we finished him and put him to rest this evening. Farewell, Spicy Nacho. Heeeelllllooooooooo Smokin' BBQ!
Okay, that's all the news that's fit to print. Chat tomorrow!
Love,
Sam and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment